we might as well be strangers
[html]

((454)) --

Harvey

Her expressions were hard to read. But, then again, Harvey Butler had never been too great at deciphering other's moods by their facial behavior. He typically incorrectly assumed that the individual was upset with his actions, or had something sneak in mind. It was strange, thinking so, especially with his inflated ego, but maybe that was egotistical in itself; thinking one has such a strong effect on another that even their expressions are directly linked to them.

He was definitely over-thinking this one. He just wanted to make the right impression, and if he was really inviting this woman to live in the same home as him, he needed to.

It was relieving to hear that her reputation was safe thanks to others not knowing her enough. Sometimes, one could benefit from not being heard of.

The mentioning of her father may or may not have been in a teasing manner, but either way, it caused a wave of regret to run through his body. He'd hate to admit it, for he honestly cared and would allow the woman to stay either way, if she needed or wanted to, but the thought of having to fight off an overbearing father wasn't anything he was particularly looking forward to. He let it go with a soft laugh, Ah, yeh... Well, I'll 'ave t' be careful, 'den.

He was hoping she was joking. He wouldn't mind meeting a father, but even if something where to happen (which Harvey wouldn't predict, as he felt it best to let things play out as they must), the red merle dog was capable to make his own decisions, and he felt Aoves was as well, as a strong, independent young lady. Being protective was one thing, but being feared was another. It had taken too long for Harvey to realize that himself...

The laugh was lovely. It lifted his spirit, which had began to teeter nervously waiting for her answer. He'd hoped he hadn't made a mistake, coming off as too easily attached or needy, but he also didn't want to totally reject the thought of helping another out during a rough time; he'd feel even more guilty if he hadn't offered.

Soon, after her proclamation, Harvey let out a mirthful laugh of his own. Oh, great! Tha's wonderful, it would truly be a pleasure of mine. He nodded, putting a hand on his chest. An' I can assure you, if ya evah need t' leave for any reason, or ya don't feel as at 'ome as ya do elsewhere, I won't be offended by your leavin', unless it was me who caused it.

He didn't want her to feel obligated to stay... But he was happy about it already.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread