we might as well be strangers
[html]

I tried to leave her movements vague, wanted to be sure he could push her away, and that I didn't pp c:

It was good to have warmth in a conversation she determined, it was so much nicer to hear the sound of their laughter, rather than her persistent brooding moods. Though she kept the smile of past laughter, her head nodded gratefully as she acknowledged his words, and the way that they recognized her freedom. "Very good, very good." she murmured gently, comforted by the idea of him seeming to enjoy the thoughts of company as well. The words were spoken slowly, she trying to focus on her final moments in the drowsy glow, and let the last bit of warmth soak into her skin to re-energize her. Without knowing how long she'd be away, there was no chance of her leaving her few personal possessions to be taken though, and she felt that it was necessary to bring them with her.

Something in the way the wind blew told warned that haste should be made; already she had a growing suspicion that she'd be chased by the storm, pressed by the weather if not engulfed in it on the journey back. Lips parted to let a heavy sigh breeze past, a result of being reluctant to leave the warmth for the cold, cold run she had up ahead. Once she left the fire she would only be left with two choices though - a quick but chilly dash through the night, or walking step by step through the cold without her vigorously pumping heart to warm her.

After the sigh, she drew her knees up to her chest, bones cracking as they were compressed anew beneath layers of flesh, shifting into her Lupus form. After resettling upon the haunches of her new guise, she angled her head back towards him to speak. "I suppose it's best that I get moving then, there are some things I'd like to fetch and bring with me, and I think I'll be pressed enough by racing that" Her head jerked back to the distant throng of clouds for a moment, "as it is." Webbed paws had gradually shifted into motion when she addressed him, sending the woman sashaying slowly forward to press her head against his shoulder, holding it there for a time she hoped was long enough to show sincerity, but quick enough to prevent discomfort. The movement was meant to be a semblance of an embrace - Aoves had intended to give him a hug of thanks; but had been so eager to leave that it had simply slipped her mind that she would be in the wrong form, and lacking the proper use of her arms for the gesture.

She hoped to take the opportunity to catch a clearer whiff of is scent as well, wanting to inhale the foreign musk, and mentally stamp it upon her mind just as her nose was brought near to his fur. The mutt didn't intend to hold the pose for long, instead choosing to look towards his eyes as she asked her final question. "Oh, and would you mind leaving some sort of markers for me, 'Arvey? If the wind blows your scent away, I think I'll be in for some bad luck on my way to find you." Scent marker, gouges in the earth, she didn't really care; her main worry was once she began the trip back, her searching nose would find that the scent had been whipped away, and dispersed haphazardly around the countryside.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread