we might as well be strangers
[html]

His offer was met with a quick, and thoroughly decided shake of her head, she dismissing the matter of traveling together without thought. “Oh that is very kind of you ‘Arvey, but I would not want to risk you getting caught in it too. The trail is all I should need - ‘alf dog, but ‘alf wolf too you know.” Smiling gently as she said it, the dame lifted a delicately rounded paw, the webbing within splaying slightly as she pressed the padded digits against her nose, gesturing to emphasize its efficiency.

She was hopeful in being able to find his trail if it was bold enough, but beside that, simply just wanted to enjoy the last bit of time alone as best she could – once the storm started, she would be cooped indoors for who knew how long. She was too familiar with being able to travel at will, and had the trivial fear that, if she were pent up by the storm too long, she could lose a little bit of her sanity.

Not wanting to risk him trying to come along based on obligation, she quickly rose, pivoting about and beginning to make her first few steps into the darkness. Her feet did not carry her very far at all; it dawned on her then that city implied multiple buildings, and multiple places and scents that she would have no knowledge of.

“But then again, maybe we could meet up at the outskirts of the city? I admit that my nose is good, but my sense of direction, you could say, is…not.” A sheepish look was cast over her shoulder as she spoke to him. She’d never been good with navigating cities, not even her hometown was met with fond memories of travel. That was why she had so strictly remained secluded to the empty coast. Something about the tall buildings made her feel the imminent doom of being crushed, and the scent of canines, usually so staunch in the building and streets, made her feel sick. She hoped that her rejection of his first offer had been gentle enough to warrant accepting this one.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread