you're just like, sunlight.
[html]

Sorry for the wait sweetness. :: 608. 5 pts ::

Nier strolled forward cautiously, eyes scanning the tree line for emerging wolves. He hadn't wanted to wait for them to find him, if they were even coming towards him, so had proceeded with care even though he had warned of his presence. His ears were constantly moving, the waterlogged woodlands were so quiet that every little movement was echoed and magnified to horrendous proportions, the hollow reverberations making him twitchy. So he nearly jumped out of his skin when the shorter, black and white wolf nearly smacked into him. He recoiled in shock and took one or two steps back, so that he was not standing on the female canine. He ran his eyes over her body and noticed that she was severely underweight, her ribs showing through her dark pelt. The other thing he noticed was her markings; they were certainly not natural and must have been the result of bleach or dye or something. He didn't fully understand the dyeing process, only ever having seen Grace retouch her dyed dreads once.

Her handpaw went to her forehead and she seemed to be frustrated, Nier was sure he would find out why soon enough, but for now he was distracted by the monster of a white wolf that appeared behind her. He openly stared at the large male, sure that he had seen these two somewhere before. His mind travelled back over the canine's that he had met in the last few weeks and he only recalled one instance of a large white wolf; outside Sauls house on the night the hurricane hit. Recognition boiled in his deep cerulean eyes for a moment before the female spoke and he noticed the males angry stance. The female's words were short and clipped, weariness evident in her tones. She cast her eyes down and he didn't understand why, maybe she didn't want him seeing her true feelings or maybe it was a canine dominance/submission thing. He didn't encounter much of the latter, being around his family and cats all the time, but he still knew about it and had implemented it a few times.

Nier bent slightly, twisting his body to look into her face, a friendly smile touching his lips. His eyes flicked to the larger male nervously for a second, but he turned his attention back to the female quickly enough. "I apologise for interrupting your hunt. I had no intention of depriving you of food. I was merely curious as to who was out here."He stayed bent down, trying to look into her eyes, but this twisted position was hell on his back and he was sure he looked thoroughly stupid. The big guy stood behind the female was probably enjoying watching Nier make a fool of himself, well, that was the aim of Nier making a fool of himself; to please others. "You know, looking at me is ok. I don't bite..." He paused and looked thoughtful, "Well, I don't bite pack members anyway." His grin broadened so that he was now showing glistening teeth, genuinely happy to be meeting new people.

He held out his handpaw to her, "I'm Niernan Stormbringer, Vald of Vinatta. That makes me basically a scout and hunter, so I can help you out with your hunt if you want? I know three sets of eyes and ears can be more effective than two." He waited for her answer, eyes flicking to the hulking monster wolf stood behind her every few seconds. Those crossed arms and stormy expression were making him nervous. He prayed to Thor that he would get through this unscathed, Grace would be most displeased if he came home injured.

Word Count ~ +xxx

<style>
.NiernanBody .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; text-align: center;}
.NiernanBody p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.NiernanBody { font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justifyWink; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:px 0px 10px 0px; min-height:273px; width:597px;}
.NiernanHeader {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Header.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
.NiernanFooter {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Footer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
p.wc {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread