Appreciating The Finer Things In Life
OOC: D'awww! Thanks! <333

IC: Kenna already felt a certain fondness for her new pack mate. He was so...innocent it seemed and despite his impairment, he didn't let it bother him and appeared to enjoy the simple things in life. Affectionatley patting Dust's neck as he stretched his neck forward and gave a gentle nuzzle to the white mare Kenna smiled and looked up in time to take the notepad back from Edgar. Her eyes roved over his words and a frown crept onto her face, her fur bristling ever so slightly with anger. "She was all beaten and bruised, I don't know why anyone would want to harm such a beautiful, hardworking lady like her." Kenna quickly scrawled her response, her heart going out to the young man and his horse. Anyone who would harm a horse was automatically an enemy in her eyes, but Edgar had rescued the beautiful equine and she seemed so much better off within his care. I find knowing that someone's been out and abusing horses disturbing... How far away from here did you find her? If some horse-hating creep is lurking around nearby we should probably let Skye know just in case. I'd hate for anything else to happen to Huddie or to find Dust hurt too. She shook her head and sighed, trying to clam herself and shake the uncomfortable feeling that crept into her chest at the news.

She focused on the rest of his reply and her smile slowly returned. Thanks, I really love it here. It's so beautiful and everyone is so unique! I have found a nice little house in Thornbury, it sure beats sleeping out in the woods. Kenna laughed softly. She was used to sleeping in the woods alone. She didn't much mind the solitude, but she could completely understand how being among a pack and being provided with a warm bed and good food could quickly change one's mind. I'm with you there. I've got a house of my own too, but I haven't got much to fill it with... I still sleep in the woods." She glanced up with a sheepish shrug. I don't mind it too much, but then again I'm kinda used to it. She then continued reading his reply.

Anything, I guess. Well, I'll start off. I'm an artist, I also came from a big family. Left home when I was young. Kenna nodded slowly after reading and took a moment to decide to to divulge about herself then wrote some more. I come from a pack up northwest a little ways. My family is small though, it was just my mom, dad and me. Dust is pretty much my family now. I left my old pack when I was a year old and stayed out as a wanderer for a while until I found Cercatori d'Arte. She smiled up at her pack mate and wagged her tail a bit to show her enthusiasm. I'm not really an 'artist' per se, but I know how to carve wood pretty well. She glanced back at the border tree at her carving in the bark. She then grinned and pointed to it wordlessly before scribbling a few more words. I also have a sort of gift with animals, primarily horses. My passion is horses and anything nature. What are some of your favorite things? She asked then passed the paper back to Edgar.

Messages In This Thread