The Calm before the Storm
[html]

OOC: Oh poor Auggie. ._. WC: 500

She hadn’t meant to insult him. The girl just wanted the freedom he’d robbed from her. She was the same rank as him and could patrol just as well as he could. She knew his reasoning was only to protect her, but was it only because she was a female? Surely if there was another male Epsilon Augustus wouldn’t treat him the same way as he did Ciara. She wasn’t just his mate, she was his equal.

All of these confident and proud thoughts would have been nice to have under Augustus’ cold gaze, but Ciara sadly was without. She was completely unprepared to see him standing over her, not having heard him approach. She instantly felt a chill when his usually warm eyes (to her anyway) met hers, and quickly averted her earthen gaze. Ciara could tell he was furious before he even explained his ire, for the shouting of her name and especially his body posture were telling of his mood.

The golden female subtly shifted backwards at her mate’s slow approach. He came right up on her anyway, and when he pinned her with his furious gaze she instantly stilled. A whimper rose in her throat and she averted her eyes quickly, looking down at her crossed paws. So he knew about her meeting Alister. How? How could he possibly have known? None of the New Dawn wolves knew, because Ciara had kept it from everyone. She didn’t necessarily have anything to hide, but she’d been trying to prevent this exact situation.

“Alister?” she said, her voice sounding meek even though she attempted to sound normal. Augustus was an unsettling wolf even to her, but this was one of the few times she’d actually caught him angry. The last time had been nearly two months before when her heat had drawn Zalen to her. The girl had known then that her mate was angry, but he hadn’t confronted her. The thrill she’d felt at seeing him angry (because damn, it was sexy) was absent this time around.

Right now, she just wanted to calm him down.

“I know you didn’t want me to leave the den…but…you kept me there and I’m an Epsilon too,” she murmured, eyes remaining on her paws. “I wanted to patrol on my own, and I left the territory but not by very much.” She winced, then, not knowing if Augustus already knew that she’d actually stepped off New Dawn property. She was likely making it worse for herself. Her tail curled tightly around her frame – not quite tucked but almost – and her ears folded flat against her head.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you…I knew you’d be angry…”

<style>
.coc-sdb02 {width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.coc-sdb02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px; margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; }
.coc-sdb02 p {padding:10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.coc-sdb02 b {color:#98c1cf; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.coc-sdb02 .inner {background-color:#0f1110; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#535d66; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:272px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; width:398px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread