The Calm before the Storm
[html]

WC: 400

She’d been avoiding his gaze on purpose knowing the power it held over her. Those eyes could lift her spirits or make her crumble depending on his mood and the occasion. With a whine she conceded and looked up at him, flinching when he snarled at a comment she made seconds later. Her ears twitched and folded back even more, tail snaking its way between her legs to hug her belly. She didn’t bother stand up, but voted to stand where she could at least pretend to disappear into the ground. When his nose thrust against her scruff she froze and went still, half expecting him to bite her scruff as repayment for disobeying him.

“I know I should have told you, and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to lie to you…it was kind of like,” she frowned, and then lowered her gaze again, unsure what he’d think. “It was exciting…not meeting him…he was sort of boring, but knowing that I’d disobeyed you…” She murmured, lowering her head to her paws and hiding her nose in them sheepishly, blushing beneath her fur. The thought of getting reprimanded was the most exciting, but this was hardly living up to her expectations. Ciara was a submissive little minx waiting to be unleashed, but now Augustus was truly mad at her and it was painful to see and hear.

He was scared too, and she could see that clearly. The golden girl hadn’t had to receive an injured pack mate from the borders. She hadn’t seen a first-hand view of the scars Amy left and the damage she could do. She sighed miserably and lowered her gaze again when he mentioned Tharin, flinching. “I’m yours, love, forever and without a doubt,” she said softly, the sombre notes of a promise written in her words. She would be his mate until she died, no matter what happened.

When he moved away to pace and then turned away from her she finally stood. Ciara shuffled close to him while keeping herself low and tipped her head up, nipping beneath his chin and licking at his face both tentatively and submissively. She then moved closer still and pushed her nose against his scruff and moved along, letting his chin rest over her back. If he pushed down with his chin she’d submit completely, wanting him to know that she’d follow his wishes, even if she didn’t always agree with them.

“I’m sorry.”

<style>
.coc-sdb02 {width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.coc-sdb02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px; margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; }
.coc-sdb02 p {padding:10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.coc-sdb02 b {color:#98c1cf; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.coc-sdb02 .inner {background-color:#0f1110; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#535d66; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:272px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; width:398px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread