The Calm before the Storm
[html]

So, I've decided that Augustus's voice sounds like young Harrison Ford like in Indiana Jones, yeah! lol.

Word Count →

As harsh as the north and just as cold the black dusted male's relationship with his golden consort appeared perplexing to outside eyes. The male's behavior was often reckless at best, and he rarely, if ever, thought through his actions. He was traditional to the last, lingering on the threshold of carnal. The only feature that distinguished him as a modern wolf in the post-apocalyptic world was his speech. He spoke in high speech just as the luperci who dwelt among them. There was little else to distinguish him from one of his ancestor's. So few understood him, already far more adapted than he who seemed to always remain the same. He was like a stone, remaining implacable and unchanged, save for a chip here and there, as life wore on. He communicated with his body more than his words, and within him was the insatiable urge to dominate, passed down from his mother and father, the alpha pair of their wintry domain. Even Ciara was not exempt from this and his tail remained at a rigid horizontal in line with his spine.

She whined in return, and it sent a chill down his spine to hear it. She was embarrassed, lowering her head and pawing the ground. This only caused his brows to knit and he looked over her confused, and...intrigued. She was about to dismiss his question, but paused. He could hear the embarrassment in her voice. His black rimmed ears perked, and her behavior made him nothing if even more attentive. He really wanted to know now, and he reclined to his haunches when she pulled away. His yellow gaze was glued to her. The orbs narrowed and his head lowered to follow hers, encouraging her gaze upwards. He wasn't going to let her shy away from this, though his countenance wasn't nearly as aggressive as it had been before.

She stuttered and her voice halted here and there, but he was determined not to miss a single syllable. His muzzle parted in question, but closed gently and he waited out her explanation. His visage changed with nearly every word she spoke. His brows knit a harsh line when she paused. He could smell her fear at this admission, but he didn't say a word or think on it until she completed. His muzzle was set in a contemplative frown. A tremor ran down his spine when she mentioned mating. Black rimmed ears perked up and he growled. The one thing she hadn't allowed him to do, and it excited her...Then why hadn't they? How could she be afraid of it, and excited about it at the same time? Was this how women thought? They could feel multiple emotions at the same time? It was kind of hard for the guarded male to grasp, but he tried, Luna knows he was trying. His ear twitched and a strange anxiety began to take hold of him as he thought deeper into it. Did this mean she was ready, did this mean she wanted it now, wanted him?

He hadn't given it much thought lately, with the patrols and Amy he acknowledged the frustration that it caused him, but as far as physically consummating their mateship, he hadn't pictured it. He knew he wanted it, he wanted her, but he had little experience in the matter as well. The stoic male didn't let the anxiety register on his impassive visage. He just gazed at her, eyes blank. Hastily she tried to withdraw from it, whimpering, with her golden tail tucked between her back legs. A pink tongue pushed out of his muzzle and he licked at his lips before stepping towards her. His neck pressed forwards and he nudged her head to face him. His eyes were soft, the way she'd stumbled over her words was endearing and he could not bring himself to face her with a harsh visage. "Ciara," he said in a calm, quiet voice. "wolves mate for life...or they used to..." he said referring to the phenomenon that wasn't all too uncommon in these modern times, mates leaving each other, finding new ones. "but fuck them!" he growled, shaking his head dismissively. They were free to live their lives how they wished, he would never count himself among them. "I believe in that still. You're mine, for life, no matter what." His eyes sought hers, making sure she understood what that all entailed, before he bothered responding to her statements from before.

"I'm not a gentle man, Ciara." He admitted truthfully, she most likely knew this by now. He was a tense creature, the muscles in his bulky frame constantly prepared to spring into action, and his muzzle often spewed venomous words to friend and foe. "I think about this all the time, I want you. I was beginning to think you didn't want me, that I was too harsh..." This was a relief, getting this off his chest. He was still taken aback, but in a way it was exciting. He felt a strange fluttering in his stomach when he spoke, but he kept his gaze on her. It was hard, talking to someone, but with Ciara it felt natural, he could speak his mind without fear or apprehension. "You're easily more beautiful than all of the women in this pack. I can't even look at any of them." he spat as if the very thought of them disgusted him. Sure, there was Palaydrin, and Kiara whom he had a better opinion of, but his Ciara trumped all of them. "They're weak, but you...You're strong. You're stronger than all of them, and that's why you're mine." He growled the last word, and lifted a paw, hooking it around her neck to pull her possessively to him.

<style>
.augwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8CTKy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#f7fbff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:345px 0px 5px 0px; color:#858484; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #858484;}
.augwolf b {color:#785634; text-shadow:#858484 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.augwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.augwolf p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.augwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #785634; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread