M - Glowing Embers Fly Across the Sky
[html]

Word Count → 745 :: I hope you don't mind me taking control of Max for a moment. It was just to help him hang the doe.

Ever want to be free? Do you remember?
Want to be god, the devil, like me?

He wasn't expecting what he was welcomed home with. Fear actually ran through him for a slight moment, and his sweetcorn eyes grew wide as the woman snarled at him about not bringing the meal into the house. She called it a "bloody mess" and that he was not going to bring it inside. It was easier for him to work inside, and he was so tired of being outside today, he just wanted to relax. Apparently that was not on the agenda though, for he had to now gut and deal with their dinner so that he could cook it and feed the family. He huffed lightly at the woman and stopped trying to bring in the deer. He waited for Max to come and help him at Lessa's request. She retreated and his ears fell back on his head and he snorted lightly. He did not speak though, for he knew she was right, there was most certainly a mess everytime he gutted a deer or any of his kills really. He normally helped with the clean up though, minus once or twice since he was as tired as a dog by the time he was done.

He noticed that there was a cleaning station in their front yard though, a tree that already had a noose hanging from it, as well as knives in jars at the bottom. There was even a seat for him to sit in if he chose to be seated as he cleaned out the carcass. Max snickered at him and commented about the mess and Lessa not wanting to clean it up. She has a point though, it does get the house messy, as well as, you know, our bloody footprints getting everywhere. the male spoke, shrugging his shoulders as he carried the doe with Max over to the cleaning station, where he suggested that they hang it by it's feet. I just need the hind feet to be hung, not the fronts. Reykr told the male as his sweet corn eyes traveled to the white male. Reykr pulled the noose down a little bit, and he lifted the back legs up and then he tightened the noose around the legs of the doe, and then he let it drop to the ground. He looked to Max and then to the rope that would make the doe hang in the air if pulled and tied down. Mind getting that for me? I need to prepare the knives. he asked the male and told him that he needed to get the knives ready.

Reykr moved to the jar of knives and he looked at each of them. A few of them were too dull to use, and the others were not his style. There was a sharp skinning knife, but Reykr was not so concerned with skinning the deer right now as much as he was concerned about getting the meat off of it. He realized that he had his own hunting knife on his side, and he bopped his forehead lightly. Duh, Rey. he spoke to himself as he pulled his hunting knife from its sheath and he waited for Max to pull up the doe. Once the male did that and tied it to where it would stay, Reykr touched it to make it stop moving and then he quickly stabbed the stomach and sliced the flesh down towards the neck. Immediately the organs fell to the ground, and blood trinkled down the beast, as well as blood getting on Reykr's arms and hands. Some also got on his face.

He continued to gut the animal until he got a few good chunks of meat off of it. Once he did that, he took the meat chunks and he brought some of the organs that they would eat and he left the rest outside, hanging out there. He'd figure out what to do with it later. He walked into the house with the bloodied dinner in his hands, and he looked at Lessa. He was covered in blood, though he made sure not to have any on his feet so he would not track it into the house. Happy now? Am I cooking, or are you? he asked his love as he looked at her and sighed lightly. He was a tired Rey, and he wanted to relax, but he could feel that his relax time was not coming just yet.

<style>
.Reykr-req2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Reykr-req2 img{width:300px; float:right}
.Reykr-req2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Reykr-req2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Reykr-req2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Reykr-req2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Reykr-req2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#8f6e4d;text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000000;}
</style>
image © Requiem!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread