waiting for the drop
[html]
YAY! A BOAT! / 562. 5 pts.

Sauls new find of a boat on the coast was fascinating and Nier couldn't wait to get stuck in. When his leader had come dashing back into the village, calling for able bodied volunteers he had thrown himself at the opportunity, more than willing to help out. He couldn't let his rudimentary carpentry skills stagnate and the prospect of sailing was something that excited him beyond belief. He had run back to the house, dashing past a startled Grace and disappearing into the abode. He emerged at a more sedate pace, his satchel slung over his shoulder, his trusty mallet, his depleted stock of nails and oddly enough a quoll pup, nestled neatly in the bag. He couldn't quite be bothered to turf Cabbage out of the leather pouch, so allowed him to stay. Ciaran had followed him out of the house, curiosity evident on the felines face. Nier hopped over to his lovers side and gave her a hug, pulling her as close as her swollen belly would allow. He pressed his nose against hers and smiled. Saul found a boat on the shore. It's got holes in it and has been beat up by the waves, but he thinks we can repair it and we can use it to trade with other packs across the water. His cerulean eyes were filled with childish glee and Grace couldn't help but smile. "Be careful you great oaf. I know what you're like with that mallet. I want you back home with all of your fingers and toes." Her eyes shot down to Cabbage, "And keep him safe, I don't want him coming back more nail and wood than quoll." Nier grinned and kissed her soundly before sprinting off to the stables.

He wasn't aware that he must have crossed paths with Saul as he made his way to the stables, not knowing just where those that were helping out were heading, all he knew was that there was a load of wood left over from the hurricane at the stable. He scooped up an armful of wooden planks, throwing them over his shoulders so that he could carry them without braining the quoll pup in his satchel. A mewl at his feet alerted him to the fact that Ciaran had followed him, seemed his pal wanted to help out as best he could. He chuckled at the cat, I know you're big buddy, but you wouldn't be able to heft wood. The cat shrugged and followed at Niers heels as the wolf made his way back to the beach.

Saul and the boat became visible as he exited the treeline, he was utterly amazed by the vessel, already visualising it on the water and cutting through the waves. He jogged over to his cousin and placed his planks on the floor, shrugging his satchel off and putting it next to the planks. Cab wriggled out of the leather pouch and scrambled up Niers body to curl around his neck in Ciarans usual place. The cat was happy enough to concede his spot to the pup, having come to love the strange little creatures just as much as Nier and Grace had. Nier grinned at his cousin and moved over to stand next to him. Where do ya want me Saul? He asked, ready, willing and able to get stuck in to the physical labour.

<style type="text/css">
.naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
.naiot2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.naiot2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.naiot2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread