looking for yesterday
She was beginning to become somewhat of a recluse, dropping the letters and running, but then again she didn't want to think about the past, she didn't want to talk about the past.. and she didn't want to see their reactions. Iskata had moved across the lands quickly since she'd left the home of Ember and Khaden. She was heading to the mansion in the lands her daughter's pack resided. Luckily this time she didn't come across any other members of the pack as she walked down the path to the large door to the mansion.

She took the steps one at at a time as she stared up at the massive door before her. Her hands shook as she raised her hand to slide the letter through the opening of the door, not wanting to be caught in these lands even though she knew she was welcome by more than one who lived there. She shook her head and closed her eyes as she let the written words drop to the steps as a tear ran down her face.

The words of her mate stared up at her as she caught sight of her son's name, she turned her eyes away and sighed, hoping that her children would have better dealings than she would with the words of their father.

To my son, Kansas:

I want you to know that I am proud of you, and always will be. I know you had doubts about yourself, but then so did I at your age, and so does everyone. But you were always a good boy, and I have no doubt that you’ve grown up into a fine adult. I’m honored to be your father, and I hope to one day meet the man you’ve grown into.

I hope you will forgive me for not being there for you. Your brother and I have been taken against our will to a far-off land where wolves think they can own other wolves and make them work and fight for their pleasure. I was put into a pit to fight in such a way, but instead I convinced the other gladiators to help me fight for our freedom. We’ve gathered a number of slaves and formed an army, but these wolves still hold the advantage over us in numbers and weapons. One thing you should know was that I learned the identity of our kidnapper… he was my father, your grandfather. And now he fights on the side of the enemy.

But you know me, Kansas. I have survived greater dangers, and I will survive this, I promise you. But you must be the man for our family until my return. Protect your mother and your sisters for me. I know you can do it.

Your father,
Phoenix

She shook her head once more and turned her eyes away from the door and the letter she'd dropped as she took the steps one by one away from the mansion and towards the world outside. She hated to leave like that but she didn't want to face anyone at the moment, last of all her own children.

Messages In This Thread