looking for yesterday
Iskata's heart was breaking as she heard the soft sobs of her baby boy from within the room. She had know that her children would take the news differently, she could probably see Firefly burning the words with anger flaring in her eyes, she thought perhaps Ember would have taken the words to heart and they would have pained her the most.. but she should have known that Kansas had grown close to his dad in her absence. When the door was opened and she was met face to face with the young Sadira boy she tried to keep the tears from misting her eyes as he apologized and then asked, gesturing towards the words of his father.

The silver and gold Matriarch was silent for a moment, gazing down at those scripty words before she pushed the letter away from her and out of sight. She didn't need to see them to know what they said, she didn't want to see them to even imagine it all. Shaking her head she spoke bitterly as she admitted. "Too long.. and yet not long enough." She wasn't for certain if she could hate her mate for the betrayal he'd dropped like a bombshell upon his family. She wondered if he knew the state he was leaving them in now, the pain and sorrow come back fresh now, though not from believing him dead, but realizing he was more than alive.. but not coming home.

Iskata moved closer to her son and brushed her muzzle and cheek up against his own as she sighed softly. "I'm sorry Kansas.. Perhaps I should have just burned them all when I got them.." She wiped away another tear from his face as she gazed down into orbs that matched her own brilliant ones.

Messages In This Thread