looking for yesterday
Iskata's heart ached with the words that her young son asked, the questions he should feel he needed to and the answers she shouldn't have to give. She sighed, her breath catching in her throat as she tried to speak firmly, yet trying to keep the anger from her tone (but failing miserably). "I'm sorry because he doesn't know what a strong man you've turned into. He hasn't been here to see you grow, to see you stand firm in your own pack and to care for those you care about. You know better than I do that the women your sisters have become are stubborn fiercy and loyal. They don't need someone to watch after them, and if they still believe they do I should only lay the blame at your father's paws for making them believe that they need a man to hide them in the shadows." Iskata had never exactly talked bad about her mate, though she knew there were many flaws in his character. He tended to allow her to be a fierce thing but she'd watched him coddle and hold back their children with notions of knights and princesses. She'd let him play for so long at the idea and she knew she should have stopped it early, but he'd been her mate and their alpha and she'd let him walk all over them.

When Kansas had pulled away and asked the final question that broken the last bit of willpower she had she growled softly and shook her head. "I don't know.. he might.." She ran her fingers through her young boy's mane as she said bitterly. "But I don't think he'll be as welcome as he would believe." She hadn't exactl mentioned it to anyone but the Matriarch had no notion of allowing the father of her children back in her life. Each and every one of her children could make their own choices but she'd made her's the day she'd been delivered a letter of pain and sorrow.

Messages In This Thread