looking for yesterday
[html]<style type="text/css">
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">
[ooc] i can't be stopped, i've got to take that fool's life

[ic] i'm outta bullets so fuck it, i use my knife

He detected intense anger in her every move: her expression, voice, and words. He couldn't shake the feeling of fear it awakened within him. But her contempt was helpful, because she understood his pain in a way he wouldn't have ever expected her to. His mother was upset with Phoenix for what the letters said - and she didn't appear to be disappointed in Kansas at all. The boy recalled his father's somewhat fantastical way of talking to him, but it had never occured to him that this could have negative effects on himself and his siblings.

Ember and Firefly were exactly what Iskata described them as. It was as though he'd been slapped unexpectedly; his emotions settled and he felt his stomach loose the tight knots it had tied itself in - very slowly, but he felt it happening. Iskata was here now, and he could not help but value her above most others from his childhood, including his father. He missed Phoenix. But everyone had been relatively fine without him around to take care of them.

Kansas nodded slowly, not completely cured of his shaken feeling. He moved toward her and embraced her, still upset that spending time with his mother had come to this. I still - I'm going to see you guys more often. Okay? I don't want... I haven't forgotten you.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread