With wide eyes you tremble
[html]

She had been thinking about what Anu had had to go through to be here with her. Hadn't she had to leave Phoenix Valley? Naniko knew how hard it was to leave a pack and start something new--it just reaffirmed how Anu felt about her. It made her feel so special to know that the female had left everything just to come to be with her and the puppies. She wanted Anu to know how she felt.

She came to curl up beside Anu and the little ones. They were too young to have their eyes open yet, she knew, and were still blind to the world, but the pups moved instinctively toward the brown female's body warmth. Naniko knew that this was an important time and kept quiet, just watching. It took her breath away, the sight before her."I love you brighter than the sun" She said quietly, leaning over the whelps to give her a light lick. "I'm so happy. I don't ever remember being this happy...not for a long time" One of the pups, little white Brooklyn, rolled onto her back and squirmed, trying to get back onto her paws. She squeaked, wiggling, trying to right herself for a few moments before Naniko reached over and nudged her, helping her out."How was mother when you told her you wanted to go?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread