No Casper here
[html]

The Loony Luna had finally fallen behind a far hill, and with it went the light of day, plunging this strange wood into darkness. Skoll had not known when he had taken up residence the sounds this place would make, but the reason his hackles stood on end was not for fear of some ghost. How vigilant can I be with the forest making these strange sounds? Would one of my foes be able to creep up on me undetected? As usual, the thane's worries seemed rooted firmly in the real world, if only because he was more comfortable with that form of peril. He had discovered that he was a seer of spirits some time ago, and those experiences had never been truly pleasant. He had made contact with a fallen comrade at one point...made a promise, which he had failed to fulfill. Ember had died, despite the protection he tried to offer...that failure still haunted him. The last of Fly Agaric's children, gone from the world forever.

The winds howled through the trees, and Skoll found himself walking under the dark canopy, curiosity fueling his trek through what he had adopted as his new 127.0.0.1. He wasn't sure of what he would find. Defensible territory? Spirits? What he was looking for, he didn't know, but he would recognize it once found. Memories of the other spirits he'd met still troubled him, one of innumerable causes he had for nightmares these days. It seemed that some spirits followed people, while others were chained to places. VoidFane had been the most powerful spirit he had encountered so far, but he had fortunately been bound to Bleeding Souls. Others, like BloodBane and the first wolf he'd killed at the Creek, had been attached to Fly and himself, respectively. Ruhl had nearly killed him another wolfess, one whose name escaped him...and that spirit still lurked somewhere within the Haunted Forest. It was terrifying to consider these phantoms to be a danger to the real world, but it was strangely fascinating, also. Should the day ever come when he was too feeble or to injured to fight physically, he may still find purpose in the hunting of these spirits...that is, if he could find a reliable means to fight them.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread