stones in the road
[html]

Anu gave a small chuckle with Savi’s comment; everyone was clumsy, at one point or another. Everyone had their moments, and everyone had some they would rather forget. Watching the other female, she noticed her friend fold into herself. What ever she had to say, it was a definite source of unhappiness.

Listening carefully, she wanted to understand what Savina said perfectly. But even as she concentrated it was hard to think that her loving mate had reacted in such a way. Her mate’s actions embarrassed the thin and small fey, but maybe she just didn’t understand it clearly. And now, having pledged she silence, there was little she could do to question Naniko.

“That can’t be it.” Her voice was serious, still caring and concerned but far from the soft consoling she had once expressed. “Because there is no reason to ever wonder if you’re good enough.” She could love Naniko till her death, but she wouldn’t always support her every action. The tears came to the green-eyed girl, making Anu instantly soften, “It isn’t always easy to understand why one might fall in love with another.”

She hated to make excuses for anyone, but this was the wolf that held her heart. “I know I was protective over my brothers. Nani will come around, once the hormones have left her system.” Laughing slightly at the last remark. Eyes back to her soft and comforting glimmer she gave her friend one more question, “Does he make you feel good enough?” That was the important thing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread