stones in the road
[html]

I still find it amazing how many posts we made to this on Sunday XD
wc 330

As her companion returned the embrace she felt so much better, especially as Anu began to stroke her hair. Even though she had never been shifted around her mother, and her mother had never been shifted around her, Savina imagined that it would've felt like this. That if she had gone to Amata in a time of distress, that these were the same physical acts of comfort she would've used. The Italian wolf still missed her mother horribly. For a moment she even let herself imagine that it was Amata instead of Anu comforting her. But this wasn't her mother, it was her very good friend, and she wasn't any less thankful for that.

The older female was right, all that mattered was how she and Kansas felt for each other. As long as they were happy that's all they really needed. Though admittedly that didn't stop her from wanting Nani's happiness and approval. But she would let the topic rest, allow her best friend to digest the information. With a little time everything would work out just fine, that's what she would tell herself.

She was greatly relieved to hear that all this hadn't upset Anu. That was the last thing she would've wanted. "Thank you. I hope you're right and she will be with time. She means so much to me, and I'd hate for something like this to come between us when it should only bring us closer." Her voice was still somewhat soft, but it was growing in strength the more she calmed down. "You have nothing to apologize for. I would never want for this to tarnish the way you see her. You're her mate, and you love her. Your reaction is just as it should be." Thin arms squeezed her friend's form, hoping to comfort her as well. They would all get through this, together. Even though she'd only known her for a short time, Savina couldn't imagine what they would do without Anu.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread