open your eyes
[html]

The soft spoken words created a blanket for Adelaida, something she could wrap around herself and take comfort in. The two toned female knew that others had tried to reason with her, that they had tried to get her to see Alexey’s side of the story, and Alexey herself had tried to explain her actions, but none of it had seemed reasonable. Adelaida knew that Sankor was right, and that they others had been right as well, but she hadn’t wanted to listen to anyone else. I... I don’t want to lose her, but maybe I already have. It had been that fear that had caused Adelaida to lash out towards her sister, the feeling of abandonment that had kept Adelaida from admitting just how much she missed her sister. Yet she could be vulnerable to Sankor, she trusted him, and now that he had returned, she was no longer alone.

Adelaida watched as Sankor absorbed the bad news she had just given him. Silence for a long time, and Ade knew well enough he was struggling to internalize the information, find an acceptable way to cope in front of her. Silently the smaller wolf leaned into her brother, burying her snout in his pelt, waiting for him to break the silence. Once his voice did cut the silence, Ade pulled herself away and smiled sadly at the male. He had missed his father’s passing because he had chosen a life for himself, but yet Ade too had not been present because she had decided to return to her former life. It’s okay Kor, you know now. And soon... we’ll go see Lexey and everything will be set straight and... Adelaida paused, a sly grin appearing on her face.

Letting out a long hollow Adelaida looked back to her brother, her tail thumping the ground. Although she had left the small rodent asleep in the den where the had spent the last few nights, Pickles had taken up the habit of following her trail once he awoke and she knew that the chinchilla would appear if Adelaida summoned him. And appear he did, slowly coming out from under a bush and then rushing toward the male, inquisitive squeaks accompanying his scurrying. I assume you remember Pickles? Alexey’s pet squeaked at the sound of his name and looked up at Adelaida, as if to say Well, now that Sankor’s back, we can go see Alexey, right? Adelaida smiled down at the animal, whom had been her only constant companion as of late. When Alexey joined Dahlia de Mai, Pickles showed up and decided to stick with me... so what could I do? I don’t mind having the little fellow around. Adelaida smiled at her brother again, yes, it was a nice little reunion to be sure.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread