Here I stand broken hearted
[html]

wc389

escape is never the safest path

Perhaps he had been ignorant, perhaps not, but the sight of Iskata in such a mood was a somewhat frustrating one on Jefferson's behalf; the cream-colored femme was normally so calm and transitory. Never had he seen her lash out in such a way, let alone to a complete stranger. Well, more specifically, a stranger to him. As Iskata talked, his eye wandered back down to the black-colored mass as he laid so pathetically on the ground, and Jefferson's mind wandered as his matriarch rambled on and on: it was funny, how ironically similar the situation was. When it was he collapsed on the ground not looking for pity or acceptance, Iskata had taken him in without a second thought after Deuce had bitterly turned him away. Yet, this black wolf laid as pathetically as the hybrid once had, and pity had found him through the wrong creature. Iskata was not at all taking him kindly--it took a bite of the tongue to keep Jefferson from admitting how much she reminded him of Deuce at that very second. But it wasn't until the conversation shifted back into his direction that Jefferson caught up with what had been said.

"What?!" His head swung back to Iskata, mouth hanging agape and eye wide open. Befuddled, the creature stepped out of the way at that point, as if allowing Iskata her rage if it meant sparing him even more duties he had to attend to. "You want me to fix this joker? Of all people, you're asking someone like me to do that?" It was ridiculous! Iskata couldn't have needed a second Jefferson running around Phoenix Valley, and Jefferson himself didn't need a clone biting at his heels. A long, drawn-out sign escaped his lungs as his eye turned skyward in defeat. "I don't need a goddamn sidekick and I don't know anything about this shadow." He was complaining about it, but by his body language, it was obvious that he was well aware he had no say in the matter. The scowl returned, and his green eye flashed a scornful, I-don't-pity-you-anymore look at Lucifer on the ground. "If you want to be in this pack and you want to fit in, you'd better get yourself off the ground. You're going to work if you're under my supervision, whoever the hell you are."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread