Hey guys, what are you laughing about?
[html]

I know the territory, I've been around

Fix your credits, dear. I'm not windseeker or mew. LOL
Number of words: 379
It’ll all turn to dust and we’ll all fall down

Five days. Five days he'd been skulking around. She could accept that. And his rank explained why he didn't rush to find her. She knew her co-leader had no love for the black male. And that was fine. His tail tucked under was fine to her too. There had once been a time he'd used his superior rank to force her to leave her family and pack. She wouldn't do that to him. She watched him quietly. This was not her Lucifer, cringing away from her. This was not the Lucifer she knew at all. Her eyes were soft but unreadable as she watched him.
"I assume she had a good reason to place you there then. I will not countermand her. I do know, however, that with your skills in hunting, you will bring yourself up quickly." A compliment. From the cold femme. That was almost out of character for her. Things had changed for her the night she'd lain with Haku. When she'd let that note fly, she'd let her hatred and resentment fly too. The hurt was still there, pungent as an infected wound, but that too would fade in time. Meanwhile, she needed to do her job as Shaman. It was her job to heal, not just physical, but mental as well. It almost was a strange job for someone so formerly lacking in stability. However, Deuce had found her niche here, and she did her job well, sans an occasional slip.
She lowered herself to a kneeling position, but kept her head above his unconciously. She allowed a hand to slip out and caress his cheek breifly, then pulled it back and settled both hands in her lap. "Rank not withstanding, what would you like to do with yourself, Lucifer? If you could have any co-rank available?" If she knew her Lucifer, she knew hard work would soon get him back to his usual self. So she hoped. It had worked with others, to give them omething to do. She had't had much to do with jefferson's recovery, but she knew he would need to make amends for that soon. He was pack now, which made him family. If she could tolerate one hybid in the pack, surely she could be cordial towards jefferson.

And sooner or later, you’ll be screwing around

[/html]

Messages In This Thread