foggy memories and fading ghosts
The troubled look remained plasted across her face as Jefferson spoke on, she realized that there was no way she was going to distract him from the conversation and even though she had no real clue why he was so demanding on picking her mind the Matriarch sighed and rubbed her eyes before giving in. "Alright.. I don't know why it's so important to you Jefferson but give me a moment and we'll talk." She disappeared from view once more as she tried to gather herself and shake the sleep that had claimed her for the better part of the morning. Finally with a jaw cracking yawn she slowly made her way down the ladder, her breath coming in huffs and puffs as she settled down against the wall of the barn in a pile of hay that had been overflow from the loft above.

Panting slightly as she turned back to the scarred male, slightly puzzled still as to who had sent the male thisway to pick at her mind about memories from so long ago. "Jefferson.. I know Maluki from a long time ago... I'm not certain if I can give you what you want to know.. but I can try." She studied his face, so serious from the gruff relaxed male she'd come to know. The silvery gold woman wanted to know what had changed him so quickly to this mess of a beast before her but if talking to him of the past which she'd once belonged to brought back the fellow she knew then she would.

Picking at the hay she had plopped down into she spoke softly, trying to recall everything she could that would help her friend out. "Maluki Soul was born to Acid, my older half brother and Colibri Soul. He was born into the same pack I was, Clouded Tears. Over the mountain where the wildfire devistated the lands.. there was once a place where the fogs and mists seemed to hang all the time, haunting and yet at the same time it was a comforting place.. like arms were always enveloped around you.. protecting you. Everyone always returned at one point or another.. I don't know how many times I had." She laughed sadly as she thought of Clouded Tears and her past that was no more than memories. ""I think I was about three moons old when I first learned I was an aunt. Our alpha Kiriska had passed on after giving birth. Siondaite, our Aufpasser was dragging my sorry ass back to the packlands after I'd snuck after her visiting her old clan. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on except everyone was upset." She shook her head at the thought. "My older brother Acid and his mate had taken the only surviving puppy, Laruku, on as one of their own..." Her ears were pinned back in discomfort as she struggled to remember her fuzzy fading memories of so long ago. She raised her blue sun shot orbs up to protest the whole thing. "Jefferson, I don't understand.. Why do you care?" She didn't like reliving these memories from a land she could never return to. Laruku banning her from the pack once before had hurt enough, the fact that their world no longer existed now was far worse than the banishment from before.

Her ears were cloudy with pain as she sighed. She already had a feeling who'd sent her own packmember this way and she'd figured she probably deserved it but it didn't hurt none the less. She picked apart the grains from the grass as she shook her head. "Laruku did it didn't he, told you to ask me.." She couldn't figure out why Laruku had told him to come ask her, but when she raised her face back up to look at him it suddenly clicked into place. Why she'd been so distracted by his scent at the borders, why she'd felt like she'd known him before, the damn green that gazed at her said it all as she looked beyond his eyes at the face. "Maluki?" She said with disbelief in her voice. It couldn't be true, things like this just didn't happen did they. A voice in the back of her head laughed at her. She knew they did, she knew she'd taken another name once.. why couldn't Maluki have..

Messages In This Thread