foggy memories and fading ghosts
Iskata wasn't for certain what exactly to think of this ghost that had appeared on her doorstep, no, that she'd invited into her own home without realizing. Laruku must be laughing so, she realized as the thoughts and memories of her own past tumbled around in her mind. She wasnt' really certain where to start. She flicked her ears forward though as the scarred member of her pack seemed to laugh suddenly, a short and worn sound. The words that he granted her made her frown suddenly. Jefferson, no, his name was Maluki, and he was her nephew, almost had the story right.. even if he was being sarcastic. "Laruku isn't your brother. He's my cousin, Kiriska's son. She was my father's sister." She paused a moment before correcting herself. "Well, he's not your blood brother, but he might as well be a brother just the same.. he was raised as your sibling." She went quiet for a moment, forgetting just how tried and twisted their family relations really were.

When he cleared his throat to break off the moment she raised her sun shot eyes up to gaze into his face, one that had seem more troubles that he probably deserved, but one she wished she knew. "Acid.. had risen to become Cere's beta.. one day he just disappeared with Laruku.. and even then he walked out of everyone's life. He left Laruku alone in the middle of nowhere. How he survived I'm not certain, but Acid hasn't shown his face since." She wasn't for certain how she'd even feel if her half brother did appear again. Hell, she'd hate to know how Maluki and Laruku would feel.. though she highly doubted that Laruku would feel a damn thing anymore.

She turned her eyes off to the side as she thought about the other parent in the relationship that had been the start to Maluki's life. "Colibri Soul..." she chuckled softly at the thought of it all, how it was almost funny, yet she doubted in his eyes it would seem thatway. "Colibri actually lived here in Phoenix Valley.. she departed barely a moon's time before you arrived. She's probably still here roaming these lands. She had another litter after yours.. Mew, Melisadra and Haku.. Two of them are alive.. they live in Dahlia de Mai with my daughter Firefly and neice Cercelee." She let her eyes travel off in a somewhat guilty manner as she watched her fingers twist the little pieces of hay into shapeless blobs. "You probably don't even want to think about how you fit into this whole picture.. our family is farspread but quite large."

She lifted those sorrowfilled eyes up to gaze at Maluki as she was faced with the final question, the one she really didn't have an answer for. "Like everyone else, Maluki disappeared into the mist and fog.. you're the only one who can tell us where he's been.." She said softly, her voice filled with apology that she didn't have the real answer to the question that was probably the most important.

Messages In This Thread