foggy memories and fading ghosts
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... parrow.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc362

---

Small optimism was sparked at the thought that his mother was still alive and somehow in the area--most ironic, most convenient, somehow. It was as if fate had simply led him to these lands, perhaps giving him reason to believe in the ghosts he had so long been skeptical and disbelieving about; had his grandmother been there to lead he and Cercelee together that day? Had his father watched over his mother, hoping that mother and her eldest son would somehow be united again one day? It was a bit too sentimental for his liking, yes, but conveniences were running amok. Iskata was learning things about him she probably would have regretted accepting him for; he was no killer any longer, at least under most circumstances. Killing and fighting had been necessary to live on his own. Killing and fighting were only necessary now if the pack needed him to do so... and as loyal and dramatic as that may have sounded, he was okay with it. The brute had always been an ass, but he'd never enjoyed the bloodshed.

"I'm sorry about your mother," he muttered shallowly. When had he ever apologized or anything before? Well, he'd apologized to Lucifer plenty in his head how sorry he was for standing up for that son of a bitch, but that went without saying. That probably... didn't count. "I don't remember her, but I have pictures in mind I can't explain. Seems she was a great thing for this earth." He cleared his throat. Enough of that sappy talk from him. No, it was not as if he didn't want to 'know' his family and friends from so long ago, but was there a point? As she said, he was one of the 'good guys'. This was no more, and they both must have known it. His ears flopped back at the concept immediately, and his eye rolled. The brute had actually been hoping he'd been someone fearful, memorable in his little past life... not a softhearted good guy. Who did he want to be? Not that. "Jefferson," he said, scowling eye looking her straight in the eye. "I am who I am."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread