don't feed me violence
She had bit him to the bone with the frail words she muttered. He knew he'd wounded her deeply but how was he ever to expect the world to come back around and while once he took lovers and enjoyed the company of sensual friendships.. but he never expected to come to these lands and find the girl who could take his breath away and with the simplest of gestures have him walking like a puppy on a string. His life had never been fair to him until he'd walked away from these shores.. it only seemed right that only when he returned that the trail would pick up again and the bitternes of it all would be laughing like jackals in the distance.

He lowered his head, his ears pinned back against his skull as he answered truthfully. "She was my friend.. I'll always love her.." He could never love Rhae like he might love the one he'd take for life but he could love love her like a friend, like he loved his family and his pack. His eyes rose to gaze at her as he whispered. "I never gave her my heart.." He was helpless, his voice pleading as his heart pounded harshly in his eardrums.

Messages In This Thread