something like grace - p ehno
Ehno.

She liked the sound of his name. She mutedly shaped the word with her mouth en-oh. It almost sounded very much like the letters "n" and "o." Hey! I could call him No-man! Geneva suddenly realized she was being ridiculous and quieted the loony voice in the back of her mind. Geneva rolled her shoulders, relieving some pressure there as she listened to the amber-eyed wolf's voice. He seemed very much at ease, his movements a quiet grace as the twilight hours pressed forward around the mansion. Dying raise of sunlight reached out desperately, caressing the bannister in warm bands of light, playing across Geneva's hands as they slowly inched away, swallowed by a hungry darkness.

"I have only been here for a short time," she said with a rueful smile. "And honestly, I haven't seen much of the packlands aside from the lake and the mansion. And the borders, of course. But I quite like it here, it's quiet. And I've met some wonderful pack members. It has been wonderful, simply wonderful."

A play of shadows followed the sunlight, lending their chill to the wind as the sun receded. Geneva wondered what the city might look like, if it was very far away. Ehno said that he hadn't gone too far. But he seemed adventurous, filled with a joyful energy that made his heart light as well as his feet on the offbeat trail. As far as the femme was concerned, her days of adventure were far behind her. She would be content never to leave the shadow of the trees in Crimson Dreams ever again, to only capture glimpses of stars between the high-reaching branches.

But that didn't mean her mind couldn't wander where her feet were unwilling to tread. She imagined buildings as high reaching as the trees, drawing on past experiences and things she had read in books. The concrete and glass cold as the wind that whispered across her body. A bit shyly she stopped to sit on the top step, just one above the one where Ehno was sitting. She put her back against the bannister and stretched her legs across the step, so Ehno wouldn't have to look so far up at her. "Will you tell me of the city, Ehno?"

Messages In This Thread