something like grace - p ehno
[html]
Ehno commanded Geneva's rapt attention as he told her of the strange city. She looked into his amber eyes, although it wasn't her reflection she saw within their warm depths. Instead, fleeting images her imagination projected swam there, like the ruins of Atlantis beneath an amber colored sea. She wasn't sure if her imagination did his description justice. But she pictured majestic trees that soared to the sky beside still, cold skyscrapers. She imagined the frost of the glass windows, the way sunlight might glint off their silvered surfaces, casting unusually bright rays back into the trees. Shaking her head slightly, she blinked her lime green eyes once and there were no longer visions of ruins tangled with trees reflected in Ehno's eyes, except her own face.

She offered him a nervous, apologetic smile as she leaned back against the railing of the stairs again, withdrawing into herself as embarrassment burned through her. She thought of putting her apology into words, but at the minute she found herself tongue-tied. She would only make a bigger full of herself. Her gaze dropped to her lap, where she wrung her hands together. She recomposed herself after a moment, looking back up at him. "It sounds like a sort of invasion to me," she mused softly.

"I grew up in a city," she said suddenly, unsure of why she was volunteering personal information. But she did not want her conversation with Ehno to end. "It was quite large, abandoned, empty except the few who chose to live there - so isolated from nature and every other natural thing. There was a park," she added as an afterthought, "but it was over run with weeds, tangled and littered with trash. I used to visit, though, because there was a small patch of dandelions that used to grow. They were so fragile, though. The slightest bit of wind and all the white bits - I don't remember their proper name - they'd just up and fly away too fast for me to catch. It is so odd to think that nature could conquer something manmade so completely. So curious."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread