Ask the Lonely
[html]

So sorry for the wait!
500+

“Scotland—or Briton, perhaps?” She wasn’t too keen on geography herself, and smiled shyly, admitting to the unsaid flaw in her intelligence. “It was on that island, at least. I’m sorry for not knowing....” The woad-marked female looked away, shyly. She was relieved when the golden female continued, admitting herself that she did not bother to learn the ways of the rest of the world. It wasn’t the same as her own plain ignorance, but it made her feel a little better. It wasn’t necessarily her fault either. After all, she had been kept away from others while she was a pup, and when she had finally escaped from her father, her life focused about her own survival. All she knew was that her mother had referred to the land often as ‘Caledonia’, and that she had been born there, had left it, and was now residing within the Dahlian boarders.

She was excited to hear that Firefly knew Clouded Tears. Perhaps the pack had been disbanded more recently than she had expected. It was a pity that she hadn’t been able to be a part of it, for it would have been interesting for her family line to return to the same pack. But such were the ways of things. Existence was made up of births and deaths, and she had already accepted that fact long ago.
“Perhaps we’ll have to ask them one day.” The black female smiled brightly, a smile that matched her light, alto tones. The woman’s woad-marked tail wagged delightedly behind her. The history of her people always delighted her. It would be a real treat to hear about her ancestor, if there was anything to be heard, that was. Either way, it would be nice to learn a few things here and there.

“DaVinci?” The silver tones held a certain amount of surprise within them. The woad-banded ears pricked forward at the sound of the familiar name. She thought back to several months ago, when a rainstorm had moved her to seek shelter in a shack. There, she had found a coyote hybrid and had shared his company and intellect. “DaVinci is your brother?” Cwmfen’s face lit up, and her tail wagged again. “So he lives in Pheonix Valley now....”she said, almost to herself. The black female was glad that the steel-hued hybrid had finally found a place for himself. She remembered how he had been so certain that there would be no place for him. She hoped that this place he had found would last his life, and she wondered if he had found that one to tame his heart. Smiling softly to herself, she decided that she’d have to find him someday, if only to say ‘I told you so’.

As Firefly continued, she looked up. “Indeed.... She calls me even now....” She sighed, and there was a hint of frustration in that whisper of a sound. “I—my father—he—” Cwmfen struggled with the words, turning them in her mind. It seemed that with this subject, she always struggled. “There’s nothing left for me there.... Nothing save for loss.” Not death, but loss, for he would not kill her, but keep her there, caring for her as one would a fragile thing. He’d force her to bear him a son. If she failed, he’d kill her, for she would be useless. But if she succeeded, she’d live only to care for it. And that was not a way she wished to live—in confinement.

“What happened this summer?” The young warrior’s head tilted inquisitively. Perhaps this was in reference to the war between Dahlia de Mai and Inferni. But she had arrived just as it was ending and had missed the action. She hoped that Firefly would not be too busy to regale her with some recent history.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread