Ask the Lonely
[html]

500+

“I do not believe that I will be able to return,” she replied quietly. She put her head on her arms, which were crossed upon the earth so that her elbows were pointing towards the other female and her hands lay in fists at her armpits. Cwmfen’s woad-marked tail swept the grass that rose on either side of her prone body. Her head tilted slightly, ears going forward as if attempting to catch some small sound. The white orbs regarded the other with a calculating gaze, taking note of the seemingly sudden change of mood. While before the golden superior had been of an amicable mood, she was now becoming pugnacious. However, the young woman was not greatly bothered by this shift in tone. It was not unlike Firefly’s infamous demeanor had been unknown to her. She had been relieved to find that she had been easy to converse with her.

Cwmfen was not a judging personality, and so she did not judge the other now. Yet, she noted carefully the subtle changes that could, gauging what it was that could be spoken of. So far it did not seem as if there was anything in particular that pushed her buttons, but the black youth remained observant. The young warrior was silent most of the time. This time, she listened. She preferred to listen than to speak anyway, and most were content to speak. It seemed that Firefly was one such creature, and so the woad-marked female took care to listen to what she had to say.

It became apparent that Firefly was not fond of her family. It was a shame, she thought.... Love and respect for one’s family were taught in many cultures, including the one from which she had originated. She had loved her own mother, and still did. It was strange, but she even had a strange respect for her father. If circumstances had been different—completely different—perhaps they would have been able to remain together. But Fate was a cruel thing, and it had decided to separate her family. Apparently, Fate had separated Firefly’s family, but not in the same way it had done so to her own. She still loved her mother and longed for her company. It was not so with the other female. She wondered what it was that could have created such a distance in a family.

However, Firefly, at the mention of her brother, became aggressively interested. “He was one of the first creatures I ran into after being accepted into Dahlia,” she replied with an amicable laugh. After Haku had accepted her, she ran into Grayson, and then it was DaVinci. “He had been so discontent at the time because life was discriminating, or so he claimed. I’m just glad he found a place for himself.” A light but bright smile crossed her black lips as she peered over the grass to the superior female. Perhaps this female wasn’t as divided with her family as she suspected, but she didn’t push the matter any further.

“War is always fought for the wrong reasons, apparently. But there’s always a reason, and someone will always claim it to be the right one.” Cwmfen was one who did not care for the reasons. She was there for the fight. It was what she knew—all that she knew. This topic of the war.... The white orbs studied the other female. It seemed as if this were one of those hypothetical buttons. Perhaps she had been one who suffered wrongly in this war, though she of course could know nothing of it. Noting this, she did not pursue the matter of waging war any further and held her tongue.

“Neither,” the female responded, her alto voice a friendly melody. “Or perhaps both. The history of the world should be known, and I’d like to start with the place in which I live. Those who do not know the past are doomed to repeat it,” she remarked, ending with a cliché.

Curious indeed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread