holding me, morphing me, forcing me to strive - j
[html]
Lannen's brown eyes snapped to the dark female now watching him. Oh great, just great. He died a little inside when she made the comment about boiling the snow, but grinned anyway. It was the only real response he could give her at the moment. Never one to do things halfway, Lannen had taken as much snow as he could fit into his mouth. Now he was faced with a real dilemma: would he spit the snow out to answer her, or swallow it?

After considering the options, he sighed and swallowed down the cold snow. It burned down his throat in a freezing way. He could feel it like a cold weight in the center of his stomach. But spitting it out would have been rather impolite. Not to mention even more embarrassing than his current predicament. "You're one hundred percent right," he said through slightly chattering teeth. His tongue was numb. "This didn't seem like the appropriate place to start an unauthorized fire though."

The white male's brown eyes traced the black female. She looked a little uncomfortable and cold. "Do you need help building a fire, though?" he asked with genuine concern. Sure, he'd come here for a reason, but he couldn't very well leave the lady high and dry.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread