mirror, mirror
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/awqe6o.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 520px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #cde8f1;">
      Should we end this here? 300+

Don't touch too much - you touch too much
      He remembered how anxious everyone had been, when Frigg had delivered her first litter. How he himself had spent the night, refusing water and food, shelter or rest, simply facing outside his sister's den, waiting for the news. He knew very well what pups meant to a pack and he certainly did not need Firefly giving him lectures on the birds and bees. He snarled at her again, trying to contain his anger. "What have I to lose? Nothing. My family is long dead, their bones turned to dust in the Old Country. The only true friend I had in these lands is now dead. Mew... Mew might love me and I would not put it past her to do so foolishly, but I have no affection for her. Lubomir does, but I am not him."

Shaking his head, the monster withdrew once more and Lubomir was pushed into the spotlight, like the diplomat he strived to be. In all fairness, he was probably the best equipped to deal with Firefly, if only because he would not lose his calm. The monster was likely to strike the female where she stood and consequences be damned. The grey male sighed. If Cercelee did indeed know everything about Firefly and yet insisted on keeping the snake within the pack, then someone as low as him on the food chain could never even dream of questioning her judgement. "You take your place for granted. It isn't because of Cercelee's good heart that you're there. I would be careful if I were you. Sometimes even the best of players run out of luck."

As she walked away, Lubomir closed his mouth and called nothing after her. There was nothing he could do for her any more. Everything he said or did from now on would weigh heavily on his standing in the pack. The longer he remained quiet and calm, the longer he could establish his role and find a place for himself. If that meant staying out of Firefly's way, nothing could make him any happier.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread