mirror, mirror
Firefly lifted her muzzle to the heavy snow that was falling across the lands with no concern to the creatures that lived there. The scent of an old memory was heavy in the area though it was ood, she knew she was drawing dangerously close to Mew's den and yet the scent she caught was not the ivory female's.. but rather a dark and dangerous once pasttime of Firefly's. She bared her fangs at the thought, just what she needed another one of her little games coming back to play right when everything came crashing down to reality.

She wrapped her tail around her creamy hued paws as she wondered just why in the fuck the greyscaled male was in Dahlia de Mai. She had caught a drift of his scent from time to time but she hadn't realized that it was a seemingly perminant fixture in the lands now. She had patrolled the bounderies of their pack for a few moons and now she was coming to realize that most of the surprises and disappointments were coming from the inside, not the outside. Here was just another one to add to the list. She'd obviously been a very bad girl this year to get so much coal in her stocking.

She wondered with a mild morbid excitement what Haku would do if he realized that this new male had had his way with his little bronze goddess that no other was allowed to touch while he sowed seeds in gardens a plenty. She sighed after a moment, knowing that even if he did find out he wasn't stupid enough to let her catch him at showing his fury over someone else's enjoyment of Firefly.
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/awqe6o.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 520px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #cde8f1;">
      Angst! :3

Don't touch too much - you touch too much
      He'd been asleep. The dreams were of running, running with Mew, gloriously free, rushing towards the forgiving mercy of the sea and losing themselves in the waves. The tang of salt hung heavy in the air and the water made their fur so wet and so heavy. But the freedom, the glory of the chase, everything made it so much more beautiful. And on the edge of the sea, curled up against one another, Lubomir asked Mew to be his mate. In his sleep, his nose twitched and the scent of the female drifted into his nostrils. As Mew was preparing to answer, the male startled and was awake.

Her. The scent was enough to trigger the voice in his head. It jerked and sneered and teased, but remained so carefully shielded, that Lubomir could not reach it. Shaking himself he crawled out of the den and found himself face to face with the female. Still as glorious. Still attractive and sensual, a goddess of seduction. It made the voice, the other, come alive and crawl in the male's mind, a dark presence that could overpower him, should he lose control. Lubomir stared at her with an odd hunger in his eyes. She reeked of another's scent. It made him both jealous and weary. She obviously still belonged with the pack. But what were her intentions? "Lady. What a surprise. I trust you remember me." He kept his tone cool, for all that his heart raced.

[/html]
Firefly was standing out in the cold for no reason other than the fact that she found it ood the greyscale male had come back to the lands. Even more of a surprise was the sudden appearance of the male as he found his way out of Mew's den. One raised brow was what met the male other than silence as she realized it wasn't the male she knew but the ghostly pathedic soul that lingered in the shell. She smiled slyly as she caught the look in his eyes as he watched her as she watched him. Within moments it seemed that he finally had found his voice and addressed the Acer. Raising her head up slightly she gave him one of those looks that could kill as she asked. "Is it really a surprise?"

The smooth voice that greeted her made her wonder which one of the creatures she spoke with for the moment. Flicking her silky tail across her paws and then back to her side she asked. "Obviously you remember me, would it have been possible to have forgotten.." Her emerald orbs narrowed slightly as she wondered just what the fellow was getting at. Rising up to her paws she moved around the male, examining the creature that had come crawling back to the lands. "Are you attempting to try and forget me now?" she asked in reference to the den he'd crawled out of this day.
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/awqe6o.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 520px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #cde8f1;">

Initially, yes, it had been a surprise, if only because Lubomir tried not to think about all that had happened in Dahlia. The female's scent now mingled with another's. Clearly she had found another. Had he hoped otherwise? Not really. He had Mew, for whatever it was worth. They were not mates, not at all. But she had accepted him into her life again and for that, if not for anything else, he was going to be grateful. Her words were like acid to his soul, stirring an uncomfortable churning in his stomach. In his head, the voice rang clearer, but he paid it no mind. This time, he wanted to remember everything.

"I do not think I could forget, even if I wanted to. You have haunted my darkest dreams, lady, and given my heart no peace. You shook me to my core." Lubomir had not wanted to sleep with Firefly. But his other side had. And his control had wavered, his strength had failed. He remembered every curve, every sinew, every dip in her fur. He recalled every scent, he could still feel her neck under his teeth. Shaking his head, the grey male tried to shake his mind of the images. She haunted him still. Her beauty as striking and he could not deny the fact that he lusted over her. It showed how tainted he was.
"Would you have me touch you again? When your fur reeks of another? No lady. I am not who I used to be." He glanced at Mew's den.
"Long have I cared about Mew. I cannot lose her now. And it seems, my lady, you have done well for yourself."

[/html]
She smiled darkly at the words of the male, knowing that she made him uneasy just standing before him. She liked the power she held over the male and yet she hadn't thought that she'd ever seen him again. While he had been the one to take control so long ago it seemed that in the end she'd won the war between their two souls. Lowering her emerald eyes slightly a wicked little grin crept back to her maw as her bright orbs found the golden ones of the male as she sighed dramatically. Oh how he invited her to play with his mind so.

"Would you want me again?" she slowly licked at the ruff of fur that spread across her breast as she continued on. "Your words may say no, but that's about all that does.." she said, the change in scent of the male and the way he seemed to follow her body. She paused in her grooming as she sighed and just shook her head. "Sadly though, to take me again would probably cost more than you're willing to give.." she said wickedly. She knew if she was ever to take a lover she would have to be cunning and smooth with it, and obviously now was not the time to take a lover, her belly beginning to round as she drew on in her pregnancy.

Flicking her ears back she tossed her head back proudly as she smiled. "Of course I've done well for myself, why wouldn't I." She always had the determination to be what she wanted and she'd worked her way up the ranks, there was still a bit of distance left to go but she had no worry of losing her rank or her hold on what was hers right now. This greyscaled male that now showed himself wouldn't change a damn thing. He was an underling and anything they may have had was long ago and well spent. Mew could have seconds on the beast, Firefly was through with him, unless he could prove to be worthwhile once more.
[html]

She set his blood afire. She weaved herself in his mind and became so entangled in his emotions and lust he could not pull her out. Like a she-demon, she threw a spell over him and make him completely hers. She awoke a monster he had thought chained, because it unmanned him to think that the way her body moved could take Mew from his thoughts so easily. He could feel the darkness waking. He could feel his blood boiling, his hackles rising. Closing his eyes, Lubomir tried to think of his angel, but the demon before him would not let his mind be still. "Witch." His voice shook, but he struggled on. "You she-demon. I could never want you again. I have my angel now and nothing could break my love for her."

An old man. This is what he had become. Old and decrepit. There might have been a time when he would have challenged her, for all his lack of will to fight. Her words, so tender in his ears, would have made him lose himself. He wanted to curse her. To shout expletives at her and make her wince. Opening his eyes, Lubomir only came face to face with that which made him a monster. The she-demon would have her way. Almost imperceptibly his eyes shifted colour, growing a darker yellow. His body reaffirmed itself, as if a stronger will possessed. The voice was deeper, the voice of that whom Firefly seemed to know so well. "Why would I have you again? You belong to another. You carry his brood. You are not worth anything to me." Pacing around her, Lubomir seemed to exude a different kind of mind and purpose. The monster had taken over. "You have slept with another and now belong to him. Your fur reeks of his stench. You think I am a fool, to chance my place here for the promise of an easy bitch? No, I need not worry. The white female, the one he names angel, will want me soon enough." And when he grinned his feral grin, it seemed almost deadly.

[/html]
She laughed. She couldn't help it but she laughed at the words that she brought from the male. She could tell that she'd done something to unnerve the male before her and she wondered just how weak his soul really was. To sleep with Mew and wake to think she was here to tempt him away. She shook her head at the sad sad thought before she narrowed her eyes and reminded the male of who had been the one who made that moment happen so long ago. "If I recall I had no choice in the matter.. " She flicked her tail slightly as she turned her eyes away a moment. "I may have enjoyed it.. but I still could have had your hide." Firefly had always had a flair for the dark and dangerous and she'd realized that day that there was a fight for the greyscale male before her then and now. She doubted if his precious anger knew anything about what she was getting herself into.

When the shift in stance and will seemed to take affect once more Firefly stood back a pace and just smiled at the monster that emerged. She found it amusing that these males seemed to find the produce of their lust so disgusting, so like Haku he was and yet so different just the same. While Haku was ran by the darker side the demon that spoke now seemed to hide away so often. She shook her head at the words that he spoke, "No one ever said you'd find it so easy pursuing me once more.." She flicked her ears back at the words he spoke of Mew, she knew she should care about the well-being of a packmate but truthfully Mew and her never had any friendliness between the two of them and perhaps the little angel deserved what was coming to her. "You must tell me how his sweet little angel likes it.." she said calmly, a slight smirk showing the dislike for the white woman he so had plans for.
[html]
      DD: Sorry! 300+

Forced? She spouted nonsense and lies through her teeth. How could she believe she'd had no choice? It made it sound like little more than rape, which it most certainly had not been. For all that Lubomir was trapped beneath the rage, lust and craze of his other self, it flickered briefly in his eyes. The frustration and the disgust. Firefly would stoop to such low grounds just to prove something to him. What? That she still had power over him? The male grinned his feral grin. "I have seen death with my own eyes. Nothing you could inflict on me would even come close to that pain. You hold rank over me. How much was earned and how much was your ability to sleep with any male who shows one moment of interest?" His voice was cold and detached, although it was clear the monster was enjoying itself.

How she goaded him. How she teased and pulled. For all he called her a bitch and witch, the Sadira girl knew exactly what buttons to push to make herself wanted. However, this time, pregnant and with another male's scent on her, the monster was less than inclined to sleep with her. Perhaps another time. "Your confidence amuses me. You think I would throw myself at you, after so long. No, you were, and to an extent still are, attractive, but I no longer desire you." When Mew was insulted, the monster gave way slightly to Lubomir's rage. His hackles rose slightly and his bared were bared in a snarl. "She loves gentle caresses and protection. She loves warmth and attention and silken breaths. You were like me. Quicksilver, voracious. Mew is his type, but I tolerate it." Why wouldn't he? One day, Lubomir would falter and lose himself. Then the monster would take over and break the chains, freeing himself forever.

[/html]
Firefly couldn't help but laugh at the male at the words she heard coming from the two faced male. She tilted her head to the side as she raised a brown, scuffing still at his silliness as she stated flatly. "Now come on, how would my skills at disarming fellows like you have anything to do with my rank, our Rosea is a woman after all." Not that Firefly hadn't tried to tempt the Rosea into playing the whole field instead of just half but she had given that up when the interests of the Lillium's dark side had become more than she'd ever thought it would. She loved that darkness and she wondered if Lubomir's friend would be tempted into her playing field once more when the lives of the puppies had come into play and her world was back to normal, if there was a such thing as normal.

She was a bitch and she knew it, she loved to see the fire in their eyes as she teased and taunted her way into everything there was she needed and wanted. She was rather relaxed before the male as he went on about her confidence and his ailing desire. A girly giggle rose from her throat as she just shook her head. "You'll return, your kind always do, and perhaps then you'll find yourself suffering under your desire." she said with a smile as he had went on about Mew and her simple dreamy romantic ways. "She's weak, like he is, you'd better hope it's your seed that takes root." her eyes sparkled with malviolence as she smirked. "..This pack doesn't need anymore weak pathedic souls." she walked past the male, flicking her tail across his nose as she threatened. "Then again, I could always weed out the little beasties when the time comes." She honestly believed that she would and could weed out her own spawn if it came down to it as well, she would have no problem taking anyone elses out of this world too.
[html]
      Finally catching up with threads! 300+

Lubomir snarled. She was going to drive him over the edge and he would hurt her. The thought was like a cold shower. She was pregnant. If he hurt her and she lost the pups, Haku would have his head impaled on a stick outside the borders. The fire in his blood died down slowly and he looked to Firefly with contempt in his features. "Our Rosea is a strong female, Firefly. You are not. I doubt she slept her way to the top, much like it seems you have done. Tell me, does Haku reward you for your willingness to accept him in your bed? Is that why you hold your position?" The monster was laughing, but for all that Lubomir stoically ignored him. He could not afford to lose his cool, to just give in. He couldn't.

Her words drove knives into his heart. The monster quieted down, if only to listen carefully to what she said. But Lubomir, gentle, caring, naive Lubomir could not bear to hear such things spouted. So she thought him weak. Perhaps he was. He certainly thought so. However, he could never allow someone like Firefly to drag Mew's name through the dirt. "That was then, this is now. I would rather die than do what I did then. I am not the same wolf, Firefly and I will prove it to you." He would prove it to everyone. Pups. Life. If it came to that between Mew and him, he would make sure that his mate never suffered. He would care for her. He could feel anger coursing through him again. "You seek to intimidate me. I assure you that you will not come close to those pups. You have your own to destroy, don't you? Between you and Haku, who knows what monsters will come into the world? I hope our Rosea has enough presence of mind to weed out your spawn before you can destroy the pack." Lubomir's voice dripped with contempt and disgust. The female would be such an unfit mother. He thought of his own sister and his nieces and nephews, in the Old Country, without a family to speak of. He could never see himself abandoning his own. Never again.

[/html]
?She loved the little games she played, and having such a worthless victim to play with was making it even better. The male made her laugh and shake his head as he assumed to know so much about the pack he'd just joined. She scuffed as she stated plainly. "You know nothing of this pack. Our Rosea founded the pack, she didn't have to work her way anywhere. I earned my place in this pack, with or without my mate." She flashed her fangs at him smoothly as she raised a brown skeptically at him. "If my rank has anything to do with sleeping with Haku, it makes me wonder about the rest of the woman in this pack.. seeing as he does get around so." Would she go that far as suggesting that her mate and his own sibling were that close, well, as close and her cousin and her were if he did choose to sleep with his own sister it wouldn't surprise Firefly that much.

She was calm and quiet as she spoke, studying the doctor and his beast as they fought for control of the boy before her. She didn't care which one held the office at the time, she'd get her point across and before too long she'd be on her way with the poor sap bawling and his chained dog snarling and growling. She laughed though when the doctor seemed to come back to life. "Lubomir, you always were the same wolf, you're weak and what you friend wants he will claim, with or without your help. I'll have to continue to test your chains on him from time to time, just to see how strong you may be." She grinned wickedly at the male as she stated truthfully. "We can't have something with such split loyalties in these lands you know.."

The threat she left him with was just a small little flash of the truth before she yawned flatly in his face. She didn't care what he had to say to her about her own spawn. They were well enough protected by the pack and the family, even if Mew didn't like her she wouldn't dream of hurting her brother's children. The Rosea, she would being thinking of her pack and the next generation, not who the mother and father were. She just merely nodded at the bastard and chuckled. "We'd never destroy this pack, only make it stronger you old fool."
[html]
      400+

He wondered if he would become so angry as to hit her. He knew that the reason he had restrained himself so far was because of her pregnancy. Lubomir had never hit a female before. He found it to be somewhat beneath him, only brutes showed aggression to those who could not defend themselves as well. To imply that Mew and Haku would sleep together was laughable at best and insulting at worst. He decided not to pay it much attention, focusing instead on the sky above. Deep breaths, that was all it would take for him to calm down. "What you're suggesting is practically disgusting and I would not put it past you to try it, but rest assured, I believe Mew is far above your station and would never sleep with her brother."

The beast grinned inside. Chain testing indeed. What she probably did not realise was that the the monster had a will of its own and even when Lubomir's defences were down it could stay hidden. When the male was with Mew, for instance, his mental barriers withdrew slightly, but the monster could not imagine himself hurting the white female. Not because of any feelings of love or fear for its life, but because she provided his station in the pack and with it came respect and food. Why set fire to your own home when you could destroy the lives of others? "You judge me as your pawn, Firefly." The voice had grown deeper, Lubomir intentionally loosing the chain. "You think I wouldn't hurt you? Think again. How can you be sure that I am not waiting for your precious children to be born before I come and eat them before you? Feeling their tiny bodies crushed between my jaws, their warm blood flooding into my mouth? You're just a big a fool as Lubomir if you think I'm your puppy. Have Haku for that, not me."

If there was one thing Lubomir knew it was that strength in packs came from numbers. While he knew that he was bluffing, it did make him feel better to believe that if Cercelee knew what kind of snake was at her breast she would cast it from her side immediately. "Usurpers are not needed in the pack. You and Haku would destroy it for your perverse goals. You think I would stand back and watch. Mark my words, Firefly. I would rather die than see you hurting anyone in this pack." He snarled, knowing that for the most part his words would be scorned again. Lubomir could only hope that he could make his fears heard, either by Cercelee or Mew before it was too late.

[/html]
Firefly just grinned at the pathedic excuses he gave for his little white lover and how none of the rumors or simple ways the woman could possibly have anything to do with. She really didn't care what the hell the stupid bastard thought of her, sooner or later he'd be the one who would screw up and his true colors would show bright and clear, not her. The pack knew by now what Firefly was about, the only ones that had anything to learn were those new to the lands, not those who already resided there.

He'd tried a new way of getting at her and the Sadira woman just raised a brow as she shrugged. "You're in a pack filled with strong minded woman, do you think a single one of them would let anything happen to the future of the pack. Haku and my children will be the first born members of this pack. They will be protected." she said simply. He could threaten her all he wanted but she would give him the flat out facts when it came to the stupid threats on the unborn members of their pack, their own future.

Firefly couldn't help but roll her eyes as the male seemed to jump back and forth between which deamon was in control. She just laughed and shook her head as she pushed past the pathedic fool as she called out. "Cercelee knows what I'm about and if there was any thought in her head that I would harm a packmember that didn't need put in their place she'd call me out. It's not your responsiblity to stick your nose where it's not needed." she said with a sweep of her tail as she walked away. "Just think out it would look before you open your mouth, Luboo.." she said, his name rolling off her tongue teasingly as she went to continue her rounds. This creature though a thorn was of little concern to her, she wasn't the one sleeping with the monster, she'd let Mew find out the hard way just what she was laying with.
[html]
      Should we end this here? 300+

He remembered how anxious everyone had been, when Frigg had delivered her first litter. How he himself had spent the night, refusing water and food, shelter or rest, simply facing outside his sister's den, waiting for the news. He knew very well what pups meant to a pack and he certainly did not need Firefly giving him lectures on the birds and bees. He snarled at her again, trying to contain his anger. "What have I to lose? Nothing. My family is long dead, their bones turned to dust in the Old Country. The only true friend I had in these lands is now dead. Mew... Mew might love me and I would not put it past her to do so foolishly, but I have no affection for her. Lubomir does, but I am not him."

Shaking his head, the monster withdrew once more and Lubomir was pushed into the spotlight, like the diplomat he strived to be. In all fairness, he was probably the best equipped to deal with Firefly, if only because he would not lose his calm. The monster was likely to strike the female where she stood and consequences be damned. The grey male sighed. If Cercelee did indeed know everything about Firefly and yet insisted on keeping the snake within the pack, then someone as low as him on the food chain could never even dream of questioning her judgement. "You take your place for granted. It isn't because of Cercelee's good heart that you're there. I would be careful if I were you. Sometimes even the best of players run out of luck."

As she walked away, Lubomir closed his mouth and called nothing after her. There was nothing he could do for her any more. Everything he said or did from now on would weigh heavily on his standing in the pack. The longer he remained quiet and calm, the longer he could establish his role and find a place for himself. If that meant staying out of Firefly's way, nothing could make him any happier.

[/html]