Oh what a day
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OoC: You can powerplay if you need to. Slight PP on my end, too!

"You've got it," Slay rumbled with a chuckle, falling back a little. He was in no real rush to reach the isle, although he wasn't a fan of the shifting frozen seas. Next time he wouldn't get roped into this - he'd just stick with swimming. He started to tune out Ril'o's cheerful chattering, but the next topic made his snow-capped ears swivel to attention. Cercelee?

"Cercelee spoke of you often... that's why your name was familiar..."

Startled and pleased by the news, Slay failed to notice Ril'o's lack of attention. Had his fierce argument with the Rosea been for naught? Her harsh words couldn't have been shielding her from -

With a splintering crack, the ice gave way beneath the flaxen-furred male's paw. He smacked his jaw against the rim of the hole on his way down, engulfed in the frigid water in seconds. Slay was stunned for a moment - it had all happened so fast - why had the younger male been the one to go under?- before the rest of the fragile surface gave way. Slay was ready for it, but the icy cold saltwater still forced the air from his lungs as he plunged in after Ril'o. Without the disorienting blow to the jaw, Slay could peer about in the murky green sea, his long-furred legs churning bubbles in the water to keep his buoyant form in place. He spotted the shadowy form, trapped against the solid underside of the ice a few lengths away. Gritting his teeth, Slay paddled over to the boy, locking his jaws around his soggy ruff. The air bubbled up from his lungs, escaping in a desperate flood of bubbles. The ocean was so cold it burned as the arctic wolf struggled to tow the limp weight towards the dim sunlight, back towards the hole they had both plunged through. His mind was an auto-pilot; the lack of oxygen was dizzying as he forced himself to save them both...

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread