Oh what a day
Gonna do a bad thing and intertwine some stories here. I'll have to remember to keep them straight.

Geez, guys, sorry. >.< I get carried away with these things.

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... /09vly.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

As much as he'd been thrashing, Hanna was amazed that she didn't drop the wolf as soon as she'd picked him up. But as quickly as he'd started wiggling, he went limp, and Hanna wondered if he'd passed out or just come out of it. His voice sounded a moment later, asking what was happening, and Hanna sighed in relief. She'd not had a patient die on her yet, and she didn't want to start now. Especially not with Slay around, a tiny voice snickered.

"What's your name? Can you remember which pack you're in?" She repeated the questions for him, since he'd apparently not been himself before. She sent a glance to Slay, taking in what he'd said and hoping that he'd not give an answer to the male, since she needed to judge how sane he still was. Slay's story confirmed what she'd guessed, though; the younger male had slipped through the ice, cutting the skin on his head open as he fell.

She'd have to listen to his lungs to know more about the water inhalation, but definitely they both needed inside a shelter and under some blankets to thaw out. Both wolves were now susceptible to pneumonia among other things, and that had the potential to be deadly. "Slay, when we get in there, I'm gonna want you up on a bed, too, please. Thanks for calling me though."She smiled down at him, trying not to sound overly bossy as was her habit when taking care of a patient.

Finally the trio reached the hospital, and Hanna made tracks immediately for the same room she'd treated Svara and Firefly in. She'd never moved the second bed back, though she had wiped the vinyl down with alcohol several times to remove any trace of blood, and so it would be perfect to talk more with Slay and get some back story while she stitched Ril'o's head and kept him awake. She laid the golden boy on one bed, and motioned to the other for her black and white friend - it would get him off the chilly tiled floor - and moved methodically, retrieving thread, needle, alcohol pad, etc. She contemplated morphine for his pain, but as groggy as the male was, morphine might complicate things, so she skipped it.

She set things where she knew where they were, then jogged just down the hallway a stretch to a closet that was heaped full of blankets. She wished she could heat them, but these would have to do. She trotted back, and flung several blankets over each wolf, leaving only their heads uncovered. The rest she put on a chair for use when these got wet as the ice melted. Then she turned back to Ril'o. His gash had basically stopped bleeding, but she still needed to patch the skin back together. She wet a cloth and cleaned some of the coagulated blood away, exposing the true cut. It didn't appear to go as far as the bone, which was both good and bad. She couldn't tell if there was injury to the skull, but there was no helping it. Any problems would manifest in time.

She turned, grasping the needle and threading it deftly, and then, hoisting herself up where she could hold the male in place, Hanna pierced his skin with the needle, dragging the thread through and into the other piece of skin. It would hold the flesh together till it could knit itself, and then she could take the stitches out and he'd be none the worse for wear... she hoped.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread