Oh what a day
They're usually pretty fun to type up. I enjoy doing all the research it takes to make them believable. Sorry 'bout the wait.

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... /09vly.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hanna dropped the needle when the male jerked to keep from hurting him further. She didn't want to pull the thread through the flesh, as it would be harder to repair that way. When he apologized and lay still, she picked up the needle and re-threaded it, then strung it through the wound, making the stitches neat and making as few as she could to ensure they were easy to come out later on. She spoke soothingly to the boy now that he was aware of himself. "Hi, my name's Hanna. I'm a medic. Can you tell me your name and where we are? I'm sorry if this hurts, it'll soon be done." As she spoke she knotted the thread tight against his head, avoiding the fur, then snipped it short with one of her knives. She looked at her work, checking that it was good, and, pleased, looked for something to make a light with.

She found a box of tongue depressors and withdrew one, finding that she could keep it steady and off the counter by sticking one end in the lid to the containers atop the counter. She withdrew a piece of flint from her satchel and struck it against her knife, and within a few such blows was rewarded with a spark and a tip of flame on the stick. She let it catch and grow before taking the depressor from its holder and turning to Ril'o. "Can you follow the flame with your eyes only, please?" This would help her tell if he had a concussion, as his tracking was likely to be sluggish if he had sustained one.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread