they call me the wanderer
[html]

There was another moment before he answered--a brief moment of watching him watch her watching him, and more watching. There was only a flicker of interest that crossed her features when he spoke, accompanied by a twitch of the ear. The dark wolf was really not interested, she told herself, it was just that she'd never heard an accent like his before. Like humans did once, the Vegas wolves had come from all over the world to make their gringo selves comfortable in their gringo palaces--to forget about the land they'd come from. And then they had forgotten the Land, in stark contrast to the savage women who lived in the desert. She'd heard the quickness of Spanish speakers, the harsh roll of Russian, and the twangy English of the Feh'yuris when they wanted to be understood. Though there was only a vague hint of an accent left--as compared with the few others Madison had spoken with in these parts--it was something different.

"Dah-vin-chi," the black lady repeated, a smirk curling at the corner of her lips. "Kinda like it. Diff'rnt. Not that Ah like yew," she added warily. "Yew must be from one-ah them packs Ah pass 'round. So far, me 'n Charlotte haven't had any trouble from 'em so we leave 'em be. Ran into y'all once er twice." Something in her country girl voice said she'd rather it be that way--with less run-ins with the pack wolves. She'd never much gotten along with them since Texas. "Back home they were callin' me Madison Square, so I s'pose yew can too. If'n Ah am new 'round these parts, what's it to yew?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread