i thought it was there for good so i never tried
[html]

OOC: Fail AG is fail 300+

Lubomir's face darkened. He should have recognized her. After all, how many puppies were running around the place? He didn't particularly appreciate being called old, regardless of how he felt. Even less so was he inclined to accept such talk from a mere puppy. He generally felt nothing but a need for attention for pups, especially in terms of teaching and sharing his knowledge. But he did not tolerate being addressed in such a rude fashion. Why should he? He was her senior in pack ranks and she owed him some measure of respect. "You think talking like that will make anyone want to talk back? Most wolves would turn away. I could ask you to leave." Technically the library was not his and indeed, it belonged to Dahlia, but he could ask her to leave until he was gone himself.

He was surprised at her sudden apology. Why would she change her tactic like this? Still, he might have a been too harsh with her. Shuffling slightly, he replied, "I'm sorry I yelled at you, young lady. I... I won't call you child." He begrudgingly accepted, if only because otherwise it might escalate too much. She had earned no respect from him and as far as he was concerned, she was still a child until she proved herself mature. He looked at the book. Did it matter that much to her that it be this one and not another? Did it matter that much to him, come to think of it? He sighed; yeah, old man.

"You may keep the book. If you want, you can take another one, but you will have to bring it back. If everyone takes books and keeps them, there won't be enough to go around." That was technically a lie, as some readers, like himself, were voracious, while others did not even care for the library. There was one way to find out. "I didn't think you could read. I haven't met many who can, and most are older than you." It was said with a measure of admiration, because if she could indeed read, then she certainly was more educated than most others.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread