Too Afraid to Change
[html]
lalala this will be awkwaaard
Word Count: 392

Catching the scent of someone new, Mew had changed directions somewhere halfway to Flander's Fields from Wolfville. Lately new members came flocking to the pack, but she usually learnt the news, so to speak, from someone. This smell she had never encountered, although it was somehow.. familiar. Who could it be? Melisande, back after so long, but changed? Perhaps masked by a mate's scent? It could not be, probably; the scent had nothing male about it, it was all estrogen. The scent of Dahlia de Mai did not cling to it, and so it could still be a trespasser who had gone unnoticed for several days. Thus, alert, excited, curious, Mew had gone on her way, trailing the female whose identity she did not know. Upon reaching the town square, where Cer normally held the pack meetings, the smell increased greatly, and the ivory femme assumed the stranger to be close by. Some days, however, her smelling was not as keen as usually, and this was one of those days. Had it not been for the subtlest of sounds uttered just as she passed a handful of meters by the gazebo, she would probably not have found the stranger, or at least not on this passing. Turning around to face the one who uttered the sound, Mew spotted a quite young woman, marked in original ways, white and brown. Lifting her tail to a nearly upright position, marking her high rank, she spoke with a normal voice. She demanded answers, but she was not unkind, thus she did not act out this demand. Should the girl turn out to be a trespasser, she would quite soon feel the wrath of Mew Sadira. Until then, she had the benefit of the doubt, and thus Mew shaped the sentence thereafter. After all, how embarrassing would it be to discover that the girl was already a member, and that she, such a highly ranked member as herself, did not know? Hello. My name is Mew, and I don't believe I've met you before. There wasn't a direct question among the words she uttered, but indirectly it was clear enough that it was the stranger's duty to present her name and reason for being here at all. Just to be certain, she threw on a smile - enough of the members had bad impressions of her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread