Too Afraid to Change
[html]
You're a posting machine tonight Tongue And my posts become shorter the more excited I am oO
Word count: 311

So it was her! Haku's daughter, the one he had wronged. Suddenly, Mew wondered what he could have done to her to leave her a shaking, nervous child like this, although quickly decided she did not wish to know. She knew his temper, how it changed from calmness itself to a swirling coil of anger, and she would never ask him about the event. Though now that she was here he would have to face what was true. The subject of his first-born had been brought up once, and would never again, or so she had thought. Although here she was, in the flesh, and it seemed to Mew the Sadira and Soul genes were all over the girl, proving that the Ilex was right. Colibri Haki, her niece. All grown up. Somehow moved (Mew was truly becoming old or sentimental or something if her behavior lately was to show for it), Mew's face broke into a smile as she realized fact after fact, eyes slightly wetter than normal, but the fluids stayed inside. It's you! Haku's firstborn! Excitement was plastered over her face; nothing was more wonderful than the return of a long-lost relative, no? And perhaps this one would not turn out to be an oddity or a complete bitch like Firefly was, and her children surely would be. The poor child had offered her her hand previously when she had been too startled to think, but now she offered hers, eager to greet her niece. How in the world.. I mean.. Oh my. I'm Haku's sister, dear. Mew Sadira, his litter sister. He told me about you once, though I doubt many more here knew about your existence. Thought you were long gone, I did!. Too many thoughts, too many words, but at least then it wasn't just her that was surprised. A strange turn of events, truly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread