Too Afraid to Change
[html]

OoC: Words: 300+
Lol! x3 I missed having a girl character. Making up for lost time!

Coli was startled by the sudden flood of warmth radiating from Mew... her aunt. Surely anyone who knew Haku wouldn't welcome his child, would they? But Mew seemed genuinely pleased to meet her, even to the extent of unshed tears shining in her beautiful eyes. Tentatively, Coli accepted the extended hand of friendship, of family, and shook gingerly.

"I never knew I had an aunt," she began shyly, her long-furred tail slowly uncurling itself to wave lazy circles behind her. "But he... told you about me? H-haku did?" Her father had never mentioned a sister. Hell, he had barely mentioned his mother, the one he had named her after. The surname caught her attention. "You go by 'Sadira', rather than 'Soul'? Is there a reason? I mean, I'm wondering which one I'm supposed to be..." Questions were beginning to pile up, her shyness momentarily overcome by the friendly face. Coli had never had much of a female role model, since her birth mother passed away, and that pack had rejected her heritage. Mew Sadira had suddenly been elevated to great importance in her mind, which she showed by her unwillingess to release the handshake. She merely clasped the offered paw more tightly in her champagne-marked fingers.

"'Thought I was long gone', you said..." Her brow furrowed for a moment, baby-blue eyes darkened with worry. "How much... did he tell you?" She was loathe to bring up the memory yet again, but surely his sister had the right to know. Mew seemed to speak so fondly of him, but as his littermate, she must have seen that dark side stirring in him, right? Coli couldn't be the only wolf in this pack who had been hurt by Haku's wild side. And yet, everyone tread on eggshells, refusing to bring it up, pretending it never happened... Why? It had been a year since she had seen him, sure, but how much could he have changed? She yearned to be accepted by this aunt she had never met before, but she couldn't hide the truth forever... She was broken for a reason, unable to heal herself in any way. "Auntie Mew..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread