Too Afraid to Change
[html]
Gosh I wish I could be more consistent with my post length at times :/
Word count: 601

Slowly, carefully, she was talking more, and Mew listened, eager to learn anything about this new family member. It seemed, these days, that not many beside herself thought it a good thing that the family expanded, although why shouldn't they? New generations would come anyway, so why shouldn't they carry the proud name of Sadira? However it seemed as if Haku was the main man to count on spreading the family genes, and his children had not, at least yet, taken the Sadira name. It was strange, how he alone could create a family name of himself, filed under the somewhat larger Sadira umbrella. The surprise that at first, before the moment of realization, had been plastered on Mew's face was now mirrored in the young woman, and her outstretched hand was taken, softly, and shook slowly. Mew's smile widened, if possible, but did not interrupt the other's flow of words. Surely, she was probably wondering about more things than Mew, and any information she might need she would get. A slight itch at the back of her mind made her irritated Haku had not mentioned her to his daughter, but it was of no concern to Mew, really; she had been gone at Colibri's birth, and thus did not really "deserve" to know anything anyways. Presented with a question, Mew did her best to answer. Haku is the only one so far that took his mother's maiden name as his surname. The rest of us are named Sadira after my father and his bloodline, a very large family represented in probably all the packs around besides Inferni. You have many relatives, child, but some of them are wicked, as you'll probably learn soon enough. She probably had learnt some of that wickedness already, and if she hadn't she would once she ran into Firefly. Luckily for Colibri, she'd run into Mew first (or so Mew thought). Too much excitement again, and Mew spoke too much again. Shutting her mouth, she let the girl speak again. She was the newcomer, not Mew.

A change in the girl was obvious as she thought for a second and asked exactly what Mew had learnt about her. Mew knew Haku had wronged her, and obviously not a little. She didn't want to think about what he could have done; she'd seen the viciousness in him when hunting or fighting - she knew that he was dangerous. A small sound gave Mew a nickname, one of many, and Mew felt warmth swell up in her again, momentarily, before her mind returned to the subject of her brother. Auntie Mew. Angel. Two nicknames she would cherish till the day she died. He never told me anything,really. Looking at the girl, serious now, she wanted to make sure she understood the truth in what she was saying. He spoke to me, worried about the litter that's just been born. Worried about becoming a father. He revealed the secret that you existed for me and he told me he was worried because he had wronged you, failed at his role as a parent, worried that he would do it again. Tilting her head slightly to the side, she couldn't understand how someone could hurt such a fragile-looking soul. Then again, Haku was Haku, and no one would truly understand him. He never told me how he wronged you, child. And I do not wish to know. Looking away, she hoped this young Colibri would never tell her how anything happened. She was already struggling with her relationship to her brother, she did not wish to hate him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread