Too Afraid to Change
[html]

Words: 400+
OoC: I suck. :< So sorry for making you wait~! (And "inorite" is a shorter way to write "I know, right".) ^_^

"So Cercelee is... my second cousin..." Coli mused aloud, nodding with finality. She appreciated the information, although it served no real purpose to know. Cer would always be like a sister; they used to be like twins, but now Cercelee was clearly the "older" sibling, so mature and in charge. The werewolf shuffled her footpaws quietly in the snow, rubbing her elbows as she listened to Mew's speech.

The white wolf's brilliant green eyes seemed almost pleading for understanding as the words tumbled from her lips, quick to explain how much her brother meant to her, and how fragile their relationship was. Coli bit her lip, torn. She wanted to please her relative, but at the same time, it wasn't as though she could stand up for the man who had so callously beaten and then dominated her. Mew was lucky that her brother had not harmed her yet... or perhaps Colibri Haki really was the only wolf Haku wanted to hurt. Maybe there really was no reason for her to be here. It was all mixed up. Coli rubbed her forehead, brow furrowed with consideration. "He... I can't feel the same way, Auntie. I'd rather him not be around at all. You're lucky that... well, that he cares about you, because it sounds like he actually does. You... must be a good sister." She sighed, running her claws through her long hair subconsciously. She had trouble grasping how families worked already; this was just complicating things further. Was it right to love someone unconditionally, because they shared blood with you? Surely the line had to be drawn somewhere, but apparently not between those two... which once again left Coli on the side somewhere. Her melancholy musings faded for the moment as the topic was successfully changed.

"Lubomir," she said slowly, trying out the syllables. She glanced up, watching as her mature aunt melted into a lovesick pup, blushing and gazing off into space. Coli hid a small smile behind her small hand, amused by just how happy Mew appeared to be. It made her chest tighten painfully, too, a pang of jealousy at Mew's good fortune. It was difficult to be around someone in love when one is not experiencing the same thing. "H-how long have you two been together?" she asked shyly, blue eyes shining with curiosity. "How did you meet...? Please tell me about him..." It was an impossible dream, to imagine someone to fall in love with... But it was achievable for other wolves, and Coli was happiest listening.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread