Too Afraid to Change
[html]
Aha! People have written it before but I never dared to ask Tongue
Word count: 788 (SORRY >_<)>

It seemed as if she appreciated the information on her family tree - and Mew had much more to serve the young girl should she wish it, even though the stories were about as useful as a rock. It took time to know one's family, and if she had never known anyone but Haku she would find that she had many good people here that she could rely on, even though they appeared to her as strangers.

As she spoke, the girl - whose pelt was just like a female version of the male they spoke about - seemed to darken, to fumble, and feel uncomfortable. Mew knew she was being silly for this, and for all that she always tried to be fully honest, she needed to not know. And she needed to not think about it, for her imagination could probably make up something worse than what was the truth. Also, there was an amount of pride involved, for like it or not Colibri was an outsider until she had settled finally, and even though she shared her mother's name and was closely related to her (and even though Mew knew that she would support the girl in any way she could) she had no right to waltz around and spread ill words about anyone, true or not. It seemed odd, to Mew, that when meeting the sister of the male she so hated, the first thing she wished to do was to spread intelligence on his wrongdoings. It would not go down well in this pack - he had too many wretched supporters. And a good few non-wretched ones. Though, even those who knew of his bad sides stood beside him - he was the Lilium, and they were bound to do so. If he ever went too far, however, she was certain the members would react, but right now there was a balance - and she was disrupting it.

The word auntie rang in her ears again as Coli apologized for not being able to share Mew's feelings, and the Ilex smiled a sad smile to this. Quietly, she spoke in return, but in a way that left the subject - she wouldn't speak of it any more. I am not a bad nor good sister, Colibri, and I have wronged him many, many times. Our bond goes beyond just blood and general affection, but I can understand if you cannot feel this towards him. Hell, hardly anyone can! No one is forcing you to share my view on your father, but keep in mind his rank here.. you cannot escape an encounter, so you might as well stay on your good toes, eh?. This was not just a piece of advice, because she would quickly realize that rank was law - in some matters. If she misbehaved, the right people would know. It always worked like that - there was no hiding your crimes around these parts, unless you scared the right people in the right way. And to do so, your rank would necessarily be high... She should watch out for herself, and saying this was no threat from Mew's side - that much was obvious - it was more of an expression of concern. Advice like a mother would give to a child who wishes to see the world before she is ready.

Her pleasure at the new subject of conversation seemed to make a clear impact on Colibri; it was as if she too shared her awkwardness to some degree. She turned out to be curious about him, and like a lovesick teenager Mew was eager to tell her about him, girl to girl, although she would be embarrassed the whole time through. This was not the usual Mew anymore - this was a young, confused and trembling Mew, trembling with emotions she wasn't that good at archiving into the right places. Her blush was maintained every second she spoke, and it spread and heated her neck as well. Soon she felt as if she was burning, but she had nothing to be ashamed about. We got together just recently.. I've known him for some time, but then he left. And when he returned, it seems, it was .. for me. At this point she could look at the girl no longer, too aware of the romantic cliche she was serving her, and her emerald eyes sought the ground once more - a folly smile on her face. The ground would not swallow her for all she begged it to, although with Colibri being so kind in nature as she was she did not fear losing respect. She was just.. a little in love, that's all. Not much, just a little.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread