Too Afraid to Change
[html]

Words: 300+
And I suck again! xD We should probably wrap this up soon, considering how old its gotten...!

Coli sighed heavily, bowing her head in acknowledgment. Yes... She knew of her father's rank. Yes, that meant she had to obey him. As if she could rebel against him anyway! His very eyes could freeze her in place, his scent overpower her will. The resentment and fear she struggled to hold in was mostly because even after all this time, he still had complete power over her... He always did whatever he wanted, and he always got away with it, that Haku. He truly was one-of-a-kind. Coli supposed as long as she did not grow up to be like him, she should count herself lucky.

"I know... it's complicated," she muttered, downcast. "And it's not like I'm trying to cause trouble here. I just... I didn't want to be alone anymore, and Cercelee is the only friend I ever had, so... I thought if I found her, I could be happy again. I didn't expect things to be so... well, complicated." Ah, you sound like a child, Colibri, she chided herself internally. You're supposed to forget about yesterday and focus on today, right? It's just so hard to abandon the past... The expressive werewolf realized she was slouching again, and straightened her shoulders, trying to adopt a more confident pose. She was actually a touch taller than her aunt, when she fixed her posture. It wouldn't be long before she shrank back again, though.

As Mew responded cheerfully to the subject of love, Coli clasped her fingers together, listening raptly to the conversation. She was new to "girl talk", to approaching the subject of romance, and was so painfully curious as to what it was like to have someone love you. Mew blushed, and fidgeted, and averted her gaze, and seemed to become another person entirely - one who was hopeful and embarrassed and pleased all in one. Coli couldn't help but smile. This Lubomir must be a great guy. The tightening in her chest, the pang of jealousy, clenched tight again. She exhaled slowly, willing it to go away. There must be someone, surely, who would be willing to put up with her fragile nature... right? She wasn't unfixable... she hoped.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread