Arcadia Atoll
[html]

Aww... ;_;
Words: 400+

When he sat up, she realized just how much bigger this male was that her, and felt a flicker of relief that he was so friendly. She could have really gotten herself into trouble, had he been aggressive... Laurent adjusted his crippled leg, and Coli watched sadly, depressed that his happy ending had gone so awry. It was hard enough to find love in this world, and then to have such cruel circumstances pull them apart anyway? She herself had never really met anyone that was truly happy together...

It surprised her a little, when Laurent gently corrected her - his mate was male. That was another first for Coli, who automatically assumed that mates wanted to have families together. She had not experienced any prejudice towards same-sex pairings, and after a moment of consideration, decided that must mean they loved each other even more, since there was no pressure to reproduce. Smiling shyly, she ducked her head, hiding behind her long hair. "Chimera... I remember that name, a little. I was in Clouded Tears for a bit, when I was a pup..." The 'de le Poer' name was unfamiliar, though. She had never encountered Ahren, even during his excursions with Laruku.

His large hand enveloped hers, and she flinched at first, always shy to contact. But his soothing voice, and the warmth he spoke of so fondly, easily relaxed her. She felt a pang of regret as soon as he released his grip, missing it already. That... was what he was feeling, wasn't it? Wanting the warmth back... "That's... that's so amazing," she murmured, a faint blush rising on her delicate features. "I... If I ever see your Jasper, I'll help you two find each other. I promise! I'm in a pack, so, so if he comes near our borders, I, I can send him here..." Her hands folded in her lap to hide the trembling. She wanted to badly to help... Even so, she felt a strange jealousy of the bond that Laurent had shared. She doubted she would ever find someone that perfect.

His sad smile made her heart want to break. He was being so nice to her... "Wh-why do I ask? Erm, well... I just... I don't expect to know that feeling. I used to dream about falling in love... I suppose I still do, but... Who would... I mean, how did you two meet? If, y-you don't mind me asking..." Her baby-blue eyes were downcast as she fiddled with her hands. How do you find your soulmate? How do you know they're the one? How do you even find the courage to look...?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread