Arcadia Atoll
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

His limp had not gotten any better, his leg would probably never get any better than it was right then. Fatin had done her best to mend him and he had not felt any pain during the process of her work, but she could not save him from the disfigurement. He had arrived in Awenasa without trouble, but the first hunt he had led as the returned son had gone awry. He had been trampled by an elk, it had crushed his leg to a point where it was completely worthless.

Now he had dragged himself up the steps until he was in his old room and a low rumble of a cry escaped his throat. God he missed Jasper! Weakly he fell against the bed and buried his face in his hands; he was a shell of the man he had left as.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

Words: 300+
Hope you don't mind me stealing your thread!

Coli had stayed out in the snow, after Alexey Koios left to return to their pack territory. The shy wolf chose instead to wander around the deserted buildings a little longer, comforted by the wintry solitude. She was more and more reluctant to return to her new home... after all, there were some wolves there she had never wanted back in her life, and yet, there they were... Not to mention the baby brothers that had been born mere days after her arrival. She was suddenly a big sister? Despite the fact that her father had disowned her over a year ago, leaving her broken and bleeding by herself, she still felt as though these new children deserved some of her attention. Her mind was in a whirl, insecurities battling duties, when she spotted... him. A stranger, a lone wolf.

She froze, frightened blue eyes stark against the white snow around them, but he was too preoccupied to notice her beside the wall. As she watched, the earth-furred male dragged himself inside the university, disappearing within. Coli shifted from footpaw to footpaw, her curiosity yearning to follow the crippled man, but her fearful personality telling her to leave him to his own devices. Alexey had imparted some confidence to her, though, and she squared her slim shoulders, steeling her nerves to step inside after him.

Sheltered from the chill winds, Coli pulled the heavy door shut behind her, keeping as quiet as she could. It wasn't to startle the poor fellow, it was merely an instinct she had honed to avoid being attacked. She was afraid of pain, of being driven away, but she was on neutral territory now. Shouldn't she be safe? Following his lonely scent gingerly up the steps, Colibri peered into the doorway. The dark-brown wolf was sprawled on the small human bed, clearly distraught over something. She trembled, brushing her hand against the narrow doorframe, as she suddenly felt bad for having witnessed his grief. It wasn't as though she could comfort him - she was at least as broken as he, although her crippling had been internal, wholly breaking her spirit. "I... should go," she exhaled softly, hoping he wouldn't startle easily, and bowed her head in apology.

[/html]
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He heard her coming but did nothing. He stayed there, he did not move, he did not change. He did not adapt. What once was a vibrant, joyous man was now a waste. His physical prowess, which had been evident by his muscle and strength, was now weak and worn. His fur had dulled, his lithium eyes faded; he looked nothing like himself anymore. Laurent Nakado, Prince of Awenasa, was nothing. The staff his sister had made for him had been cast down and lay on the floor of the room they had once shared. He missed Jasper. He missed that dark mop of hair on the cream boy's head, those brilliant eyes and his gentle nature.

When she said she should leave, Laurent's head popped up and he quickly shook his head. "Please dont go..." He said softly, and he realized with a horror that even his voice had changed. He wasn't the man he had once been, and he wondered if hat man would come back. If he could get that man back. "I...I used to live here. And then my mate got sick. I had to find my sister, she's a healer...but then I got hurt. I think I got back too late..." He said weakly. "I'm Laurent Nakado." Did he even deserve his name? It used to be a source of pride for him, and now it was just as much a shamble as the rest of him.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

The pain in his eyes - blue like hers - was apparent when he turned to meet her, desperation in his plea. Wordlessly, the thin female sat on the edge of the bed, trying not to invade his personal space, or her jeopardize her own. She almost wanted to hug this stranger, a gesture of comfort, but couldn't... So she listened attentively, her long silky hair obscuring her sad gaze.

When he introduced himself, Coli swallowed nervously, replying in a shy whisper. "I'm so sorry... Laurent. I'm Colibri Haki, or... Coli, for short." Without the recognizable surname of Sadira, or even Soul like her father, her own twisted family tree wasn't apparent. She was alone, as she was used to. Her cream-furred hands fluttered to her chest, and she bowed her head, upset by his distress. "You... you had a mate? What... was she like?" Naive to the ways of the world, the fragile wolf tried to imagine his beautiful partner, the one who could complete him. She used to dream of falling in love, but reality had stripped her of any hope of finding someone that wouldn't hurt her.
"What... was love like?"

[/html]
[html]

She sat down and he turned, moving his injured leg with his arms. It would not move into that position on its own, and so Laurent had to do what he could to at least look comfortable. Colibri. Or, Coli. Had he introduced herself as a part of the Sadira line, he would have laughed. Mercido had been adopted into the Sadira line, and so he was well familiar with it through word of mouth. Fatin was more familiar than he was, and she had done her best to give him the knowledge of Souls that she had gathered over her years there. When she asked about his mate, he chuckled. "He, was amazing." He said gently. "His name was Jasper de le Poer, his father used to be Alpha of Chimera. He's the cutest thing in the world, a soft creamy pelt with dark hair and two toned eyes...he's really shy. We were such a pair." He said wistfully, remembering how they just..completed each other.

"Love...." He began gently, not sure how to best explain it. "Here, let me see your hand." He took it gently, respectfully as any gentleman would. "You feel the warmth between our hands?" he asked, "Well, love is like that. Except it's all around you, all the time. You can just think about your loved one and you feel that warmth surround you. It's the best feeling in the world." he finished. He released her hand, and folded his hands in his lap. "It's knowing there will always be someone to care for you, to help you, to teach you things you don't know about yourself. They make you a better person without even trying to. It's having a partner to support you, someone who will be your playmate, your best friend, and your other half." He was smiling softly now, but it was the look of someone who had lost something. The look of someone who desperately wanted it back. "Why do you ask my dear?" Maybe she had been looking for some answers herself.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

Aww... ;_;
Words: 400+

When he sat up, she realized just how much bigger this male was that her, and felt a flicker of relief that he was so friendly. She could have really gotten herself into trouble, had he been aggressive... Laurent adjusted his crippled leg, and Coli watched sadly, depressed that his happy ending had gone so awry. It was hard enough to find love in this world, and then to have such cruel circumstances pull them apart anyway? She herself had never really met anyone that was truly happy together...

It surprised her a little, when Laurent gently corrected her - his mate was male. That was another first for Coli, who automatically assumed that mates wanted to have families together. She had not experienced any prejudice towards same-sex pairings, and after a moment of consideration, decided that must mean they loved each other even more, since there was no pressure to reproduce. Smiling shyly, she ducked her head, hiding behind her long hair. "Chimera... I remember that name, a little. I was in Clouded Tears for a bit, when I was a pup..." The 'de le Poer' name was unfamiliar, though. She had never encountered Ahren, even during his excursions with Laruku.

His large hand enveloped hers, and she flinched at first, always shy to contact. But his soothing voice, and the warmth he spoke of so fondly, easily relaxed her. She felt a pang of regret as soon as he released his grip, missing it already. That... was what he was feeling, wasn't it? Wanting the warmth back... "That's... that's so amazing," she murmured, a faint blush rising on her delicate features. "I... If I ever see your Jasper, I'll help you two find each other. I promise! I'm in a pack, so, so if he comes near our borders, I, I can send him here..." Her hands folded in her lap to hide the trembling. She wanted to badly to help... Even so, she felt a strange jealousy of the bond that Laurent had shared. She doubted she would ever find someone that perfect.

His sad smile made her heart want to break. He was being so nice to her... "Wh-why do I ask? Erm, well... I just... I don't expect to know that feeling. I used to dream about falling in love... I suppose I still do, but... Who would... I mean, how did you two meet? If, y-you don't mind me asking..." Her baby-blue eyes were downcast as she fiddled with her hands. How do you find your soulmate? How do you know they're the one? How do you even find the courage to look...?

[/html]