...the world's smallest violin
[html]

Du har i det minste ein genser me monster på!
Word count: 595

Gotta be Somebody

His brows furrowed as she spoke, and for some reason it struck her as odd - perhaps he misunderstood her reasons for saying what she did, for she meant it only as complimentary. She was amused by her brother's odd behavior: He wronged those close to him based on selfishness (otherwise he would not have cheated on his mate), yet he feels responsibility heavily enough to take that woman into the pack, with her child, because otherwise they would be on their own. Most men would run from that responsibility, run from the past and what they had done, out of fear of angering their partner further, or the judgment of others when or if the truth was known. Yet, for all the odd things he did, Haku did what was right - and though he might not consider this a case of honor it very much was. It was honorable of him to do this - to put their comfort ahead of his own, simply because it was necessary. As he spoke her smile lingered, and she looked at him again, with that little twinkle of amusement in her eye. "I understand that, and it is very right. I am simply amused at how you decide to do this despite all the trouble it might give you. Most would run from that trouble, but you do not." Mew herself, for all her deep confidence in values and morale, would most likely have run from this responsibility (although it was very unlikely she would have cheated in the first place), and it seemed to her that moment that if she was the image of integrity and honesty, he would be responsibility, with all the burdens it might bring with it. "It is something to be admired."

The conversation changed to another subject - the violin - and even though Mew could see his reserved enthusiasm, although she could not exactly determine whether it was completely genuine. Not that she expected her brother to lie to her, but because she knew how few in this pack shared the joy of music with her, and as deeply as she did. It was sad, for Haku's voice would most likely be a brilliant singing voice - although she had never heard it. She probably never would, because now that she thought on it she could not recall him taking part in anything to do with music, ever. Ah well, if not useful for him in that sense it was still very decorative, and she had painted over some of the swirls along the hole in the middle with red herself - red being the only color she had managed to create. She did not bother much with artistic matters besides music. The enthusiasm on her brother's face quickly caught on, and she found herself explaining the instrument and its works in detail, emerald eyes focused and sharp, and a broad smile on her face. ".. and so when I move the bow over the strings like so,", she had her fingers nimbly pressing down on a certain point on one string, "...there is a tone, see?" A sharp, but pleasantly steady and dry tone pierced the air as she softly pulled the bow over the string. The sound normally took some time to get used to, but once you did it was very fine to listen to, or at least Mew felt that way. "Different points on different strings make different pitches when pressed with a finger, and that is how it is played. Quite ingenious, don't you think?"

Table by Fish!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread