...the world's smallest violin
[html]

D e så teit, "judgement" staves "judgment" på amerikansk engelsk >>
Word count: 376

Gotta be Somebody

The subject of Deuce and their child was left altogether as Haku did not comment on it. Mew took this as a sign that he had understood her meaning when she had expressed surprise, as he would probably have said so if he still felt offense or judgment from her. Relieved to leave the subject in total, Mew focused all her attention on the gift, and her brother. His enthusiasm couldn't match her own, but normally no one could anyways. Haku was very correct in his observation - the instrument was very complicated. She had read in a book that the hole in the middle somehow enhanced the sound coming from the strings when you moved the bow over it, and it was this that made the peculiar sound. She didn't exactly understand how a hole would enhance anything - if anyone asked her it'd most likely just break the item, but obviously it worked. The humans had been good at finding reasons for everything, seemingly, and calculating what to do to get the result they wanted. The woman nodded as her brother spoke, smiling. When he presented her with a question, Mew tilted her head sideways to think. She hadn't thought about it, really. Of course she had tested what she could do with it, and some sheets of music showed tones she did not manage to create, thus there were probably more possibilities than she had found so far. Her gaze wandered for the seconds she thought, until it landed on her brother's chocolate face again. "You know... I haven't counted. A book showed there were more tones than I've been able to make so far, but I'm guessing it's at least thirty, or maybe even forty. And then there are others with different nuances as well." Her white face shone at him as she spoke, quite happy with his interest in the instrument. She did see that he could easily have been more eager to learn of it, and he didn't ask to try it himself, so she assumed he was either shy, or didn't share her interest at all. Oh well, it could serve as a symbol of her need for forgiveness from him, of her need to repair and maintain the bond they shared.

Table by Fish!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread