...the world's smallest violin
[html]

Eg åg! Men spellchecken går automatisk t amerikansk, og så får eg kje te å fiksa d Tongue lala
Word count: 537

Gotta be Somebody

Her brother raised his eyebrows at the number she offered him, and she read it as amazement over the instrument and it's possibilities. Of course, she could not know what he really thought. The words that he spoke right after seemed to confirm her belief, and she took it as mild interest. Anyone would. She nodded at him as he concluded that the instrument was indeed very complicated, and when he proclaimed he shouldn't try it a trill of a chuckle came from her throat. A temperature, affection, rose in her green irises, as she killed his idea. Although, she would never force him to do any of the sort. "Don't worry, little brother, I can barely play anything on it myself. But if you won't play it, promise me you'll put it somewhere for others to see. Its form in itself is quite pretty, too, so at least that way it would serve a purpose" Truly, it looked like such a delicate little thing, and (although Mew did not know this) it was even more fragile-looking than the average violin, because what she had in her hands was a children's version. A smaller violin, with an even thinner neck and an even thinner bow, easier for little hands to hold and play on. The female had simply found one that was whole enough to be fixed in the old music part of some school or official building in Wolfville, and hadn't the care or knowledge to know the difference. She'd merely looked at pictures in books, and even found one book on violin building, which had helped her a lot. The library was a goldmine. The female smiled and let both her arms down from playing position to hanging relaxed along each side, bow and violin in hand.

The chocolate male brought up her nephews (apparently it was two boys), and Mew felt herself smile, teeth as white as her furs, joining the pelt in a shining competition against the evening darkness. "Conor and Emwe.. pretty names." Her eyes shone as well now, looking at her brother who had been so worried about himself as a father, that now flashed that proud grin at her. Oh he could do just fine, Mew believed that to the depths of her heart. And if Firefly let her, she would assist the little boys' venture into the life of independence, one day. She did want to see them, although it wasn't them she had come here for. In a way she wanted to make sure Haku knew that coming here with the gift and everything wasn't just a cover for catching a glimpse of the kids, but then again she trusted him to know she wasn't so shallow. Her two hands lifted each piece of the instrument and held them up to him. He would have to take the gift inside himself, Mew didn't wish to step on the doorstep of Firefly if the woman felt territorial. She'd be asleep, he said, but.. No. Wasn't going to happen. "I'd like that." Again that smile, and a proud flash in return to that one piece of family she would always learn something new about. She really was proud of him.

Table by Fish!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread