watch me as I fly away
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hope you don't mind me joining in. ^^; You can hover your mouse over the French text to see their translation.

Needless to say, he'd somehow wandered a bit off the decided trail. Perhaps it was his growling stomach, perhaps it was the moonlight that was leading him nowhere. Generally speaking, Gaël was a "morning person": the activity in his brain seemed to function quite a bit better in the daylight hours, while at night he was like a fish out of water. The boy, unfortunately, had been rather petrified of the dark as a child, always wary that monsters like the one that had killed his mother would appear from the darkness just as bloodthirsty as before. The first few months' worth of nights after his mother's death were spent shuddering in the darkness of the den. Heath and Miriette would fall asleep quickly, but their shameful older brother remained awake for hours on end, wide-eyed and shivering from fear in the furthest corner of their little sanctuary, scared. Many nights had passed, dusk to dawn, and the pup did not move nor sleep. Luckily, somewhere along the way, he'd grown out of the petrifying fear of the darkness... but even as his first birthday approached, the boy continued to remain on edge and far more careful when the night was at its worst.

But lord, was he hungry. Gaël was a fine hunter, but prey seemed to run... thin in these foreign parts. Squirrels were hibernating, and finding anything edible at this hour was usually asleep and hidden away somewhere. He could have followed his nose, but he didn't. The boy wasn't willing to put down his guard on account of hunger. Instead, he trekked two-legged through the snow, stomach growling all the while. He considered sleep, briefly; his quest was hardly any benefit at such a late hour. Of course, that thought was dismissed quickly when some sort of hawk zipped on past his head and off into the distance, after which he kicked up the snow and followed, finally submitting to his hunger. When he came upon a foreign woman munching away on something she'd apparently brought down, his stomach growled and his bright, turquoise eyes beamed hungrily at the fallen beast. The bird, now hardly appetizing in comparison, landed rather contentedly on the dead thing's head. "J'ai... ainsi faim..." he mumbled beneath his breath. He wasn't one to ask, though, so instead he... approached a different way. He walked up behind her cautiously, keeping his distance, and spoke quietly. "Excuse me," the boy said, somewhat seriously. "Where am I right now?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread